I wish I was at the game tonight or could have at least watched the game. Despite being down by 10 starting the 4th and 9 with 8:30 to go, the Warriors clawed and scratched their way back into the game. It all came down do the final 10 seconds where neither Pietrus, Monta, nor Dunleavy could knock down a final desperation 3 to send the game to OT.
The shot that nearly sent the game to OT.
With this being Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful for a few things from last night's game.
- I'm thankful that two members of the community, Twisted Lister and Foyled Again, were able to give us a first-hand account of the game in their diaries, Thank You & Happy Holidays and also notes from wed game.
- I'm thankful for Baron Davis. Despite being questionable with strained ribs, he was able to start the game and lead late run that brought the Warriors back. Down 99-90, Baron reeled off 7 unanswered points to bring the team back to 99-97. It even sparked the Warriors to take the lead on a Troy Murphy 3 ball. Without Baron making that late push tonight, I'm not sure this team is able to make this game close at the end.
- I'm thankful that Jason Richardson showed us a little more of the JRich from last season. Yes, this was only one game but it was by far his best of the season. 24 points on 10-19 shooting, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals. Is he back yet? No, but he's making his way.
- I'm thankful for Monta Ellis. He couldn't shoot last night as he went 4-14, but he contributed in other ways as he handed out 9 assists. He's growing up right before our very eyes.
- I'm thankful for Andris Biedrins. 7 blocks? Just like Monta, he's growing with every game.
- Most of all I'm thankful for Don Nelson. He's the reason the Warriors are even able to compete against last year's playoff teams. Instead of dreading the days that the Warriors play teams like the Suns and Nuggets, we as fans look forward to the Warriors proving to these teams that they're the real deal. The Warriors put a scare into the Suns and Nuggets these past two games with their fast paced offense and ability to score.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! All of us here at Golden State of Mind are very thankful for everyone who comes to the site to read the articles and participate in the community. It makes keeping this site going strong worth every ounce of energy we put into it. Thanks!