What seems like a long long long time ago, late October 2006, Dennis Velasco of About.com's Basketball section, asked us to do the About.com Warriors Preview. So he asked us 5 questions to which we gave him some juicy answers. Some answers might be outdated since it's a month into the season, but it's always interesting to see how things change in a month. Here are the questions:
- Can Head Coach Don Nelson get this band of talented players to play up to their potential and get the Warriors into the playoffs?
- How much or how little will Baron Davis like playing for Uncle Nellie? Can he finally stay healthy and motivated, perhaps even taking less three-pointers to take better shots or set up his teammates more?
- Jason Richardson and Baron Davis are obvious stars, but how much can the following players step up their game - Mike Dunleavy, Mickael Pietrus, Ike Diogu?
- Anything else you want to say about the Warriors?
- Who wins the NBA Finals this coming season (besides your team, that is)? Just give me a team name at least.
Reflecting back on the questions, how would your answers have changed from a month ago?