Meanwhile, Golden State appears to have received yet another lifeline in its pursuit of Al Harrington. The Hawks' forward is still on the market, despite switching agents from Andy Miller to Arn Tellem, after a sign-and-trade deal between Atlanta and Indiana reportedly was nixed by Pacers ownership.
According to two league sources, the Warriors have revived discussions with three teams on a multiple-player swap, with the principal parts involving Mike Dunleavy Jr. going to the Clippers, Corey Maggette to Denver and Joe Smith to Atlanta, with the Warriors getting Harrington.
Though it would be a thorny transaction to meet salary-cap requirements, Tellem represents both Harrington and Dunleavy. A similar multi-team deal was discussed in Las Vegas during the summer league, according to one of the sources.
Another potential snag, however, appears to be the status of Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy Sr., a main proponent of the team's interest in Dunleavy Jr.. The coach is entering the final year of his contract and would like an extension after guiding his team to the Western Conference semifinals.
This deal is definitely intriguing for the Warriors. It pushes the Warriors up to acceptable level at the small forward spot and weakens a Pacific division rival. I wish the Warriors could end up with Maggette or bring Joe Smith back home (just kidding!), but this is still a good trade for the Dubs.
For the other teams this trade is pretty puzzling. Why do the Nuggets want Corey Maggette? He's a good, solid player, but he doesn't solve their weakness which is outside shooting. Maggette's a slasher who might have a hard time playing with Melo, Camby, Nene, and KMart. Also, I have no idea why the Hawks are still in the Harrington trade talks. They don't need Joe Smith. The Hawks should just be content with letting Harrington walk. Hotlanta looks clueless. And lastly, the Clippers have to be insane to trade for the unproductive Dunleavy at his contract. Could it be like the TV show Family Ties?
Thanks to loyal GSoM reader CoachBarry for spotting this one in his Warriors ready to dump Dunleavy? diary.
Warriors Nation, do you want this rumored trade to go down?
Other related trade rumors:
- Rumor: Clippers Would Want Mike Dunleavy
- Rumor: Mike Dunleavy + Mickael Pietrus for Corey Maggette
- Rumor: Mike Dunleavy Won't Airball Wide Open Jump Shots Anymore
- Rumor: Dunleavy, Murphy, Pietrus, and the #9 on the Move
- Rumor: Warriors Willing to Drop $65 million for 6 years for Al Harrington
- Rumor: Warriors Back in Harrington Trade Talks
- Rumor: Warriors Still Trying to Get Al Harrington
- Al Harrington Fires His Agent... Warriors Nation Should Be Terrified!?
- Warriors Concede Defeat in Al Harrington Dealings
- Warriors Strike Out: Al Harrington Traded to the Indiana Pacers
- Rumor: Hawks in No Rush to Sign-and-Trade Al Harrington
- Rumor: Harrington for Murphy + MP2 or 3 team deal
- Rumor: Troy Murphy + Mickael Pietrus + Chris Taft for Al Harrington + Tyron Lue
- Rumor: 33% Chance of Al Harrington to the Warriors
- Rumor: Warriors in Deep Pursuit of Al Harrington
- Rumor: Bet on Harrington to the Warriors
- Rumor: Warriors More Likely Than Pacers to Get Al Harrington
- Rumor: Al Harrington's Agent Thinks the Warriors are a Stable Organization
- Rumor: Al Harrington Genuinely Interested in Warriors
- Rumor: Warriors Interested in Al Harrington
99% of rumors never happen, but 99% of them are fun to talk about!