We're less than a month away from the start of the 2007-2008 NBA Season and that means it's time for the 2nd annual NBA Blog Previews organized by Jeff Clark of CelticsBlog fame. Last year's previews were a ton of fun and I'm really looking forward to this year's set. I remember about this time a year ago when I wrote the preview for the Warriors, I laughed, I cried- actually I cried a whole lot. 2006-2007 looked extremely bleak for the Warriors even with the return of Nellie. Thank god We Believe happened.
Last year hoops junkies worldwide jokingly referred to the Atlantic Division as the NBA's "Titantic Division", but thanks to some collusion from some old Celtics' buddies, the Knicks getting a 20-10 big man- actually make that an extremely large big man- for free, the Nets getting back Nenad Krstic, and the Raptors not being such Craptors anymore, this looks like it'll actually be a good season for the NBA's Northeast. Oh and the 76ers? They are now on the clock for the 1st pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.
Will this old sinking ship sail in finer waters this season?
Make sure to check out these previews of the Atlantic Division by some of the Northeast's finest bloggers. It's always good to hear from folks who actually know their team inside out:
I see the Atlantic Division playing out like this:
- Boston Celtics- They might cheat like crazy in Boston, but at least they win.
- New York Knicks- Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James might be the most obese trio of big men to ever "grace" an NBA roster. Still, 2 of these guys have some serious skills.
- New Jersey Nets- Jason Kidd and Vince Carter are still the league's best backcourt duo.
- Toronto Raptors- Well at least they snuck in one non-Craptor year.
- Philadelphia 76ers- Last year's late season padded win total was a fluke. This team is awful.
What's your prediction for the Atlantic Division?