I can count the days until the the 2007-2008 NBA Season on my fingers! The Central Division is up for the 2nd annual NBA Blog Previews.
Even though this division is housed in the armpit of America (god, the midwest sucks), it's home to some of the Eastern Conference's best teams. Let's take a look at what these teams bring to the table:
- Detroit Pistons- They bring some incredibly savvy vets to the table. They also bring the worst fans in the NBA. Barbarians I tell you- well aside, from the great bloggers.
- Cleveland Cavaliers- Great defense, awful offense.
- Chicago Bulls- They're gritty and tough, but not that fun to watch.
- Indiana Pacers- Murphleavy! (sarcasm)
- Milwaukee Bucks- That Yi fellow.
After looking at what these teams bring to the table I'll go on record as saying this is the least entertaining division in all of the NBA. Good god. I'd hate to live there and I'd hate to have to root for these teams.
Things might get a little hairy in the Central Division this season.
I give all the credit in the world for these bloggers for rooting for these Central Division teams and putting together these great previews though:
CelticsBlog NBA Page
Shout out to Jeff Clark of the mighty CelticsBlog for organizing the festivities.
This is how I see the Central Division going down:
- Detriot Pistons- They're old, but they're smart and savvy. Let's see if they can make it to a 5th straight Eastern Conference Finals.
- Cleveland Cavaliers- Sooner or later other teams in the East are going to figure out that no one on this squad besides LeBron can score. The 2007 Cavs are living proof that if the We Believe edition of the Warriors were in the East they would've made it to the NBA Finals... and gotten swept by the San Antonio Snores, but that's another story for another time.
- Chicago Bulls- Thanks to the East Coast/ Midwest bias this might be the most overrated team in the NBA. I'd dare say they wouldn't have even made the playoffs if they were in the West.
- Milwaukee Bucks- Yi my man- you shoulda stayed in China. Why did you and your crew give in? I'm sure Nellie and Mullie could've rescued you from those annoying cheeseheads.
- Indiana Pacers- Haha! Hahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahahaha! Hahahahahaha! Hahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Whew. Thanks for the good laugh guys.
What's your prediction for the Central Division?