We're just days away from the start of the 2007-2008 NBA Season and you know what that means- GSoM NIGHT 2! But Before we get to that extreme hyphy-ness let's take a closer look at the Southeast Division with the 2nd annual NBA Blog Previews.
It's kind of cool how this division has so many new and old school Warrior connections. Take a look:
- Miami Heat- The Warriors' original draft pick in the 1993 NBA Draft Anfernee Hardaway is trying to make a comeback on this veteran roster.
- Washington Wizards- Aw yes, the Washington Warriors. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison.
- Orlando Magic- We want Foyle! We want Foyle! We want Foyle! Hey at the price they're paying Adonal I'd love to have him instead of Austin Croshere on the Warriors.
- Charlotte Bobcats- I hope the BETcats and fans (both of them) take good care of our man Jason Richardson this season and beyond.
- Atlanta Hawks- Speedy Claxton, the man who along with Dale Davis brought Boom Dizzle to the Bay, mans the point for Hotlanta when healthy, which sadly isn't that often.
Here's what these fine bloggers have to say about the Dirty South:
It still just doesn't seem right.
You know Friday February 1st might make for a great GSoM Night...
Believing in Magic
Third Quarter Collapse
I Want to be a Sports Agent
Crazy from the Heat
Atlanta Hawks Blog
CelticsBlog NBA Page
Shout out to Jeff Clark from CelticsBlog for making the blogger previews happen again this year.
Here's how the Southeast Division will go down:
- Miami Heat- I'm willing to bet my money that Shaq, DWade, and Zo's shotblocking can it done.
- Orlando Magic- I could've sworn Dwight Howard was a Monstar in Space Jam- he's a beast! The inside/ outside combo of Howard and Rashard Lewis is solid- maybe not at that price tag, but they should be pretty good.
- Charlotte Bobcats- They've already lost Sean May and Adam Morrison, but if the rest of this team can stay healthy, watch out. I'm expecting them to make some noise this season.
- Washington Wizards- I hate to say it, but I think Antawn "back to back 51's" Jamison is slowing down and Caron Butler probably won't have a season like he did last year. Gilbert's going to need to step up his D big time to compensate or else it's going to be a long season for our old friends.
- Atlanta Hawks- They're about to have their best season in 8 years. The problem is that doesn't mean much. I can't wait to see how Chris Paul and Al Horford do together in the NBA though- oh wait, they took "future superstar" Marvin Williams instead.
What's your prediction for the Southeast Division?