Warriors (W-L): 3-7
Wizards (W-L): 6-5
Time: 4:00pm PST
TV: FSN Bay Area
Radio: KNBR 680
Hope you got up early this morning to work off that masala turkey! Today's post Thanksgiving 12 game festivities around the NBA include a matchup between the Golden State Warriors and the artists formerly known as the Washington Warriors. I just don't feel right bestowing the Washington Warriors honor upon them without Gilbert Arenas and even Larry Hughes, but hopefully February 11 when the Wiz come to the Bay Area we can return the Washington Warriors title.
They may only be 6-5 (haha like a Warriors fan should be talking!), but don't take the Wizards lightly as they're one of the hottest teams in the league with their current 6 game win streak. The most impressive part about their streak is that Arenas wasn't there for the past 3 W's. Caron Butler is coming off a career-high 39 points against the Charlotte BETcats, before his ankle sprain Brandan Haywood was putting up some impressive double-doubles, 'Tawn is still 'Tawn, Antonio Daniels has stepped up with Gilbert's absence, Andray Blatche has been a joy for the Wiz, and even rook Nick Young has dutifully pitched in.
The Warriors and Wiz split the season series last year and both games were wildly entertaining. We'll always look back on last year's game in Washington as the day the refs went color blind and couldn't see red, but let's not forget what happened in the rematch game in Oakland. GSoM Night was born. Win or lose you know this game is going to be fun and full of drama.
- Warriors by 2
- Boom Dizzle goes off in the nation's capital with 20+ points and 10+ dimes.
- Antawn Jamison goes ESPN Classic and begins the first of back to back 51 point games tonight (still one of the most underappreciated Bay Area sports accomplishments of all time). Well okay maybe that's being to hopeful for our former friend. I see at least 21 for him today on a bizarre array of scoop shots, hooks, and odd drives.
- Kaz rebounds from his struggles against Boston and drops 20 points for the first time in 6 games.
- Caron Butler has a great all around game and drops 20+ points and picks a few pockets along the way.
- The Warriors shock everyone and win the battle of the boards. Oh wait- Brendan Haywood's playing? Uh-oh. (And yes that means the Warriors front court has issues.)
- Andray Blatche has a career game and notches double digit points and boards to complement some highlight worthy swats.
- The Dubs improve on those problematic numbers from their first 10 games.
Throw up that W!
What are your predictions for today's game in the nation's capital? Post them as well as your live game thoughts in the comments
Update: Live boxscore from Yahoo!
Stay tuned for the Recap!