Warriors (W-L): 26-29
Clippers (W-L): 25-29
Time: 12:30pm PST
TV: FSN Bay Area
Radio: KNBR 680
Are you ready for a little Saturday matinee fun? I know I am. Let's get this Saturday started right with another addition to The W Column.
The Clips have to be the most underachieving team in the league right now. This is a squad that was within one game of the Western Conference Finals last year, but this season they're 4 games below .500 and battling for their playoff lives. On paper they should be a lot better than they are. Pretty much everyone on their team is playing worse than they did a year ago. It seems like the Clips' players have quit on their coach Mike Dunleavy Sr. Corey Maggette and Coach Dunleavy don't seem to be the bestest of buddies either.
Do I feel sorry for the Clips who have kindly split rent with us in the Pacific Division basement for so many years?
Stakes Is High
This is a must-win game for the Warriors on the road. The playoff implications are obvious with the both squads having dreams of having some epic battles against the West's elite in April, but the Warriors simply just need a win away from The Oracle. A win in Staples will give the Warriors more confidence on the road where they are currently the league's 2nd worst team. Their 6-20 road record is just embarrassing. Only the Memphis Teddy Bears who the Warriors beat in OT earlier this week are worse. As GSoM friend Tim Kawakami stresses the Warriors have some serious road woes.
Along with GSoM buddy ClipperSteve from Clips Nation we wanted to make the stakes even higher for this lunchtime hoops-fest. At first he suggested that if the Warriors lose I have to go out on a date with Chris Kaman and he gets to go out on a date with the Warrior Girl of his choice. Uhhhh, I threw that idea out the door real quick. So we settled on this:
- If the Warriors beat the Paper Clips today, ClipperSteve has to post 5 reasons why he loves the Warriors on Clips Nation.
- If the Clippers beat the Warriors today, then I have to write 5 reasons why I love the Clippers here on Golden State of Mind.
Come on fellas don't let me down today. I DO NOT love the Clippers.
Vegas Odds: Clippers by 6 (as of 9:33am PST from Fox Sports)
- Warriors by 1.
- Jason Richardson drops 20+ points and is a force on the glass with 7+ rebounds.
- Monta Ellis to the rim x3.
- Either TMNHarrington or Action Jackson put up some nice assist numbers.
- Elton Brand goes for 20-10.
- ClipperSteve gets to write 5 reasons why he loves the Warriors.
Track of the Day: De La Soul- "Stakes Is High"
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before tip off and post any comments you have during the game right here.
* Also make sure to head on over to ClipsNation and show them a little luv from Dub Nation.
THROW UP THAT W!!
UPDATE: Live Box Score from Yahoo!
UPDATE 2: Also make sure to check out the OPEN THREAD over at Clips Nation and talk a little trash. Keep it clean though!
UPDATE 3: Warriors lose a tough one 90-103.
Stay tuned for the recap...