Where will Kevin McHale and the Minnesota Timberwolves finally free Kevin Garnett too? The Boston Celtics? The Chicago Bulls? The Los Angeles Lakers? The New York Knicks? Or the UNSTOPPABLE BABY Golden State Warriors?
- Jeff from CelticsBlog (Boston Celtics): Gerald Green, Delonte West, Wally Sczcerbiak, Theo Ratliff, and two future unprotected first round draft picks for Kevin Garnett, Troy Hudson, and Mike James.
- Matt from Blogabull (Chicago Bulls): Tyrus Thomas, Andres Nocioni (signed/traded at $7-8m), Chris Duhon, Viktor Khryapa, New York's 2007 first round pick as well as one of Chicago's second round picks for Kevin Garnett and Craig Smith.
- Kurt from the Forum Blue and Gold (LA Lakers): Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, Vladimir Radmanovic, and a 2008 unprotected first round draft pick for Kevin Garnett and Mike James
- KnickerBlogger from KnickerBlogger.net (New York Knicks): David Lee, Steve Francis, Nate Robinson, and Malik Rose for Kevin Garnett and Marko Jaric.
- And last but not least, yours truly reppin' the mighty Golden State of Mind (Golden State Warriors), the Bay, and Warriors Nation with: Adonal Foyle, Patrick O'Bryant, and Al Harrington for Kevin Garnett.
The full details about the KG blogger sweepstakes are all over at ESPN.com's TrueHoop: Help Kevin Garnett Find a New Home. Props to Jeff, Matt, Kurt, KnickerBlogger for their great offers. Also thanks to Henry for hosting the sweepstakes on neutral Portland Trailblazers/ general NBA blog TrueHoop.
You can probably tell from my excessive amount of bad jokes that my Warrior trade offer for KG is half serious and half clowning around. Kevin McHale and the Minnesnowta Titatanicwolves would be fools to trade Kevin Garnett for Adonal Foyle, Patrick O'Bryant, and Al Harrington, but guess what? It really doesn't matter what offers we all dream up. Our trade fantasies have no bearing whatsoever on what will actually go down in real life. It's all just to have a great time out!
KG: "Hmmmm, now how can I get to the Bay?"
Also, let's not forget, if there was anyone stupid enough to actually trade Kevin Garnett for a "hall of fame" package of Adonal Foyle, Patrick O'Bryant, and Al Harrington, then well, McHale's the man. How this guy still has a front office position in the NBA is beyond me.
Let's bring KG to the Warriors! Vote it up over at the ESPN.com poll: Which Kevin Garnett trade offer on TrueHoop should the Timberwolves accept? The Warriors may not be able to bring KG to the Bay in real life, but there's no reason why we can't win this poll!