Watch your back big man...
WE TRUE WARRIORS!!
Warriors (W-L): 35-39
Rockets (W-L): 47-27
Time: 5:30pm PST
Radio: KNBR 1050
In many ways the Warriors and Rockets are complete opposites:
- The Warriors are coached by Nellie, one of the NBA's greatest offensive masterminds, while the Rockets are led by Jeff Van Gundy, a brilliant, defensive-minded disciple of Pat Riley.
- The Warriors don't exactly get many votes for the All-Star Sunday festivities, while the Rockets with TMac and the Ming Dynasty routinely get more votes than George Bush in Texas.
- The Warriors play offense and the Rockets play defense.
- The Warriors are undersized, while the Rockets are big with Mount Mutombo and The Great Wall of Yao.
- When the Warriors win the lottery they get Joe Smith. When the Rockets win the lottery they get Yao Ming.
- The Warriors win on thrilling last second jumpers, but the Rockets blow teams out.
The Warriors and Rockets are complete opposites, but tonight is going to be completely fun. Don't put it past Nellie do something crazy like putting TMNHarrington on Yao.
Al's ready for some serious small ball (Contra Costa Times):
"It makes us more dangerous, because no (center) in the league can guard me, and no (power forward) in the league can guard Jack," Harrington said. "It's something that we just have to try. But if we're going to do that, we've got to get a high number of rebounds."
"We'll never give up on the boards like that, but obviously, that's our reality: We're not a great rebounding team," Harrington said. "So we're going to try to make up for it with our quickness and versatility."
And Baron's ready to eat up whatever Nellie's got (SFGate):
Are you ready?
Keys to getting this W:
- Play OUR style of hoops. Under no circumstance should the Warriors try to match up to the Rockets' personnel (i.e. no Foyle on Yao). Force the Rockets to play Nellieball- they can't hang just like the Dubs can't hang trying to play Rileyball.
- BLITZ! From the moment the Warriors lose the opening tip (they excel at this), they need to be in full out attack mode on offense. Push the ball at a frantic pace. The key is going to be finishing off those drives, making those free throws, and knocking down those jumpers. If the Warriors don't make their shots quickly at a high rate, it's going to be a long night.
- Play zone, play man, play zone, play man. Double team, triple team, zero team (the Warriors excel at this too). Confuse the Rockets and render their half court sets useless. Wreak complete havoc on defense by getting into the passing lanes, pick the Rocket guards when they're careless with the rock, and sneak up from behind to swat and bother Yao's slow, mechanical jumper. All hands must be active on defense for a complete 48 minutes if the Dubs are going to throw up that W.
- The bench is going to need to step up big time. I imagine Andris Biedrins will be coming off the bench, which will make the Warriors that much deadlier. Biedrins, MP2, Barnes Baby, and Josh POWell need to come in with energy and focus.
- And run.
Vegas Odds: Rockets by 7.5 (as of 12:07am PST).
- Warriors by 1.
- At one point in the game Nellie goes with PG- Boom Dizzle, SG- Ellis to the Rim, SF- JRich or Die Flying, PF- Barnes Baby, and C- Action Jackson.
- JRich matches TMac basket for basket, rebound for rebound, dime for dime, steal for steal, block for block, and dunk for dunk.
- No Warrior gets T-ed up for gum chewing.
- Year of the Yao goes for 20 points and 15 boards.
- The Warriors prove my projection for tonight's game wrong. (Wait, did I just predict that my prediction was going to be off? Now, THAT's love... or playoff push anxiety?).
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before tip off and post any comments you have during the game right here.
The WC Playoff Push:
- Denver Nougats vs Sacrapmento Kings (7pm PST): Calling Sactown- we need some royal support!
- LA Clipped vs LA Fakers (7:30pm PST): Ebok! Ebok! Ebok! (Did I just write that?)
Feel free to discuss the other games in the open thread as well. Updates are always appreciated.
THROW UP THAT W!
UPDATE: Live Box Score from Yahoo!
WE GOT STYLE!
Stay tuned for the Recap!
Also, flip to ESPN and root for our friends up North.
Who will win tonight?
WARRIORS!! (18 votes)
Rockets (2 votes)
20 total votes