I know ya'll ready for this!
Jazz Lead 2-1
Radio: KNBR 680
The Dubs are coming off another dominating performance at home. For those of you counting they've won 9 straight games at the Oracle by an average margin of over 15 points per game (see schmoe13's diary). Even if the Jazz had Karl Malone and John Stockton in their primes, I just don't the see the Warriors losing tonight at home.
There's no doubt in my mind that the entire arena is going to be straight hyped tonight, but to help get you throwing up that W early on your Sunday morning, check out this Miss Gossip production featuring a track from Rob Bess, Dee Dee Johnson, Jimmy Ray, Jamal Mall-N-Drawls Robinson, Mike Spiderman Robinson, and Star Celebration Band (correct me if that isn't the right creator list):
A Song to Get Warriors Fans Hyped [FanHouse]
Keys to the game:
- Shoot the lights out. The Warriors were really knocking down their jumpers and layups on Friday night. I'm not sure they'll be able to attain that same fire alarm inducing shooting, but if they can approach those percentages tonight we're golden.
- Get Deron Williams and Derek Fisher in foul trouble early. They're both very strong physical players on another dirty and physical Jerry Sloan team. It shouldn't be that hard to draw some early fouls on them. When they're on the bench, BD's life is much, much easier. Andrei Kirilenko's isn't however. Life is good for Sportscenter too.
- Don't get beat on the boards by too much. Let's face it, the Warriors will probably never outrebound the Jazz this entire series. The Jazz were built to rebound and bang with guys like Booze and Mehmet Ogre, while the Warriors were built to run, run, and run. Still, the fellas can minimize the damage on the glass by keeping the ball alive with tips in the air and using their quicker leaping abilities to pull down the board. By the time the 4th quarter rolls around fatigue will really set in for the Jazz if they have to jump several times for every rebound.
- Confuse the Jazz with different look on D. At times on Friday night the Jazz looked completely lost on offense and simply handed the ball over to the Warriors. Those turnovers led to easier buckets in transition and a frustrated Jazz team. The Warriors need to bring out their A game on D tonight.
- Push the ball down court... fast! After every made Jazz bucket the Warriors should be looking to score within a few seconds if the Jazz are not getting back on D. Matt Barnes throws an excellent inbounds pass all the way down court. Use his quarterbacking and the uncanny Warrior speed to get easy buckets that the Jazz simply cannot stop.
- Take it to the hole with authority and good things will happen. In Games 1 and 2 AK-47 was swatting Warrior layups on the regular, but by Game 3 the Warriors figured him out. Kirilenko is looking to swat every shot, not simply change shots which good defenders prioritize over the highlight block. Pump fake him and that sick shot blocker is reduced to a foul or a posterization.
- Win the points in the paint. Although the Jazz are bigger, the Warriors can win the points in the paint with nice, sharp interior passing and attacking the rim with no conscience.
- Baron Davis cannot get another technical.
- Don't forget that the last time the Warriors lost in Oakland was April 7th.
- Don't forget this is OUR house.
- Don't forget it's 20,600+ on 5.
- Warriors by 7
- The BoomRich backcourt combines to drop over 50 points.
- A rejuvenated and confident Monta Ellis drops 15 points.
- Matt Barnes grabs over 8 boards.
- Jax drops 5 dimes.
- Al Harrington nets 3 trifectas.
- Andris Biedrins hits over 80% of his free throws.
- No Warrior gets a technical foul tonight.
- Carlos Boozer goes for a quiet, empty, Troy Murphy-like 20 and 10.
- Deron Williams or Fish foul out.
- Kirilenko gets posterized again.
- Our house is LOUD.
Jazz coach Jerry Sloan claims that he wasn't fazed by the We Believers on Friday night (see dchoi003's diary), so um, let's let him and the Jazz have it. I guarantee you that their ears will be ringing in Salt Lake City all night long.
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before tip off and post any comments you have during the game right here.
UPDATE: Warriors lose a tough one 101-115.
Stay tuned for the recap...
We got this tonight?
Maybe (4 votes)
OF COURSE!! (21 votes)
25 total votes