Comin' at ya by Tuesday?
1, 2, 3... JUMP!
Via Marc Stein of ESPN.com:
Chris Webber's unlikely but fast-moving return to the Golden State Warriors is on course to be completed by Tuesday, according to sources close to the negotiations.
Barring an unexpected change of heart, sources said, Webber will accept the invitation from former coach Don Nelson and former teammate Chris Mullin to come back to the team with whom he won NBA Rookie of the Year honors in 1994, only for Webber to force a trade to Washington some six months later when his prickly relationship with Nelson collapsed.
It gets even more shocking [AP]:
"I hope that it happens to be quite honest with you," Nelson said Sunday before the Warriors hosted the New York Knicks. "I think our team needs it."
Marinate on that one for a minute (or maybe even an hour!). Nellie hopes Webber joins his Warriors 2.0. Nellie thinks his team needs Webber.
I thought I had seen it all when the Warriors shocked the world and upset the Mavs last spring, but this... this... this is spiritual healing my fellow longtime Warrior junkies.
Definitely flip back to for my thoughts and the grand collective of passion and intelligence from the GSoM community in Rumor: Warriors "Seriously Interested" in Chris Webber
Also thanks to GSoM reader psclavos for putting this up in a diary as soon as it hit the net.
What are the chances that PJ and Spree reunite on the Warriors in the next year or two?
Enjoy these goodies from the C-WorldWideWebber:
- Don Nelson lengthy Q & A: Making his case for Webber [Talking Points]
- Webber to Warriors? Matt Barnes approves. [Fear the Beard]
- Nellie embracing concept of Webber's return [Mercury]
- Big man emerges for Warriors [Contra Costa Times]
- Get ready for the Nellie-Webber circus [SFGate]
- Players are keen on Webber: His relationship with Nelson might be repaired [SFGate]
- Nelson puts it plain - team direly needs Webber [SFGate]
- Webber reunion could go all wrong [SFGate]
- Webber to Golden State? It Looks Likely [FanHouse-AOL]
- Clock ticking on Artest meltdown [ChicagoSports.com]
99% of rumors never happen, but if this one happens... um, you saw the picture above.