Originally Posted: May 20, 2008 11:18 AM PDT
Update (5:22pm): Warriors stay at #14
The drama. The suspense. As Warrior fans this is OUR playoffs.
Like we always do about this time!
Jump like a lotto ball!
The hoops world order has been restored and Mr. Cohan's Golden State Warriors are back where they belong- in the lottery with the rest of the losers. (You can tell I'm not all that happy about being here.)
What we need this late afternoon my golden friends is a miracle. If you hear the Warriors name announced first and see the camera pan to Mitch Richmond for a beautfiul smile, then you'll know the miracle didn't happen and the Dubs will be picking 14th overall in the 2008 NBA Draft.
It's the rock!
But if you hear another team called out and see a not-so-happy facial expression from some other team's representative, then you'll know a miracle did indeed happen. Here's the odds of that miracle happening for Dub Nation:
- #1 Pick: 0.50%
- #2 Pick: 0.59%
- #3 Pick: 0.72%
- Miami Cold (25.0%)
- S.O.S. (19.9%)
- Minnesota Timberkittens (13.8%)
- Memphis Teddy Bears (13.7%)
- New York Bricks (7.6%)
- LA Revenue Sharers (7.5%)
- Milwaukee Hi5's-2-No-1's (4.3%)
- Charlotte BETcats (2.8%)
- Chicago Non-Bull Market (1.7%)
- New Jersey J.E.T.S (just end the season) (1.1%)
- Indiana Posers (0.8%)
- Sacramento Dethroned (0.7%)
- Portland Hail Blazers (0.6%)
- Golden State Regulars (0.5%)
- 2008 NBA Draft Lottery [NBA.com]
- Warriors Draft Lottery 2008 [Warriors.com]
- 2008 NBA Draft/ Lottery Coverage [ESPN.com]
- Lottery guide: Warriors have a 1.81% shot to move into top 3 [Talking Points with Tim Kawakami]
- The latest edition to the SBN hoops crew Ridiculous Upside will have tremendous LIVE coverage of today's lottery. I'm ecstatic to have this site as part of the nation. They're also going to have ridiculous coverage of "NBA Draft, D-League, minor league basketball, foreign prospects and the lunacy of GMs" year round which seems like a perfect fit for Warriors fans. Show them some golden love GSoM-style.
All NBA Teams To Be Represented By Musicians At Draft Lottery [Tirico Suave]- Velvet Revolver? Who?
- Warriors again lottery believers [Contra Costa Times]- Couldn't have said it better myself.
From the GSoM Vault: