The Power Forward position is the most debatable position with the Warrior's starting lineup. Many say that if we had a PF that fit our needs, we would have gone much further in the playoffs two years ago and make us more formidable this season with the development of our rookies. Al Harrington, arguably, has been the best PF we've had since Antawn Jameson's departure yet still he is criticized for not being adequate enough in our system.
Through the draft and off season trades, we've acquired players that many of us believe could replace Harrington as starting PF and reduce Al to either a sixth-man/bench player or even expendable for trade. If you were Don Nelson, who would you select as your starting PF?
1) Al Harrington - He can spread the floor, rebounds like a small forward, streaky and shaky in the post. He has reached his potential and his 6 boards per game will be the best we ever get out of him as a PF. ( Make Wright backup PF, Turiaf backup C)
2) Brendan Wright - Has got to put some meat on them bones, showed brilliance in the open floor and in using his length well, hasn't shown full rebounding potential yet, needs to increase his offense and defensive awareness. Having Wright as a starter will develop him much faster. (Moves Harrington to sixth-man)
3) Corey Maggette/Stephen Jackson - Yes, we love to play small ball but this is too much, I know that we will see one of them play the PF position depending on game situations but to make one of them as the starting PF is foolish. We already aren't a good rebounding team and we will just get worse with this lineup. Don Nelson did say to reporters that with the loss of Baron Davis, we will have have to get faster this season and this is an obvious way to do so. (Harrington or Wright becomes 6th man, one of them has to get phazed out, makes Harrington expendable or gives up on Wright's potential)
4) Ronny Turiaf - Now people that want him as our starting PF confuse me because this is just wrong. I like the acquisition of Turiaf because although I hate to say it, his energy reminds me of Matt Barnes'. Unfortunately, the Dubz let Matt go to the Suns and in my opinion, Turiaf is the closest thing we have to Matt's energy off the bench. I think he'll be an upgrade over any of the backup Centers we've had lately but as a PF he is slow, doesn't have range to the 3 pt line nor even a consistent jump shot and would clog the lane. (Makes our backup C position pretty much non-existant, again makes Harrington/Wright expendable)
5) Kosta Perovich, Anthony Randolph & Austin Croshere - Kosta? reminds me of Notorious POB, rookie & no experience. Anthony Randolph? Rookie who plays like a SF than anything else..No. Austin Croshere? .......no
Who would you have?