TV: CSN Bay Area
Radio: KNBR 1050
Blog Buddy: Celtics Blog
Yesterday's game was quite a surprise. 7 guys vs one of the best teams in the league. To have been down by 1 with under 2 minutes after scratching back from down 15 is a pleasant surprise. They were really working hard out there. It looks like they're going to have to be a scrappy team to get some wins. They're going to have to work harder than the other team on the boards and on defense. They're going to have to run the offense smoothly by moving the ball around to get open shots. They simply cannot win by going 1 on 1 and relying on any one person to win. This is no different now than it was with Jax on the team, but after one game, it looks like the offense is less 1 on 1, more ball movement.
I don't expect this game to be close. The Celtics should be able to overpower the Warriors. Back to back on the road facing 2 of the best teams in the league? It's a tough thing for any team to be able to play well in both contests. Throw in the 3 days of rest for the Celtics, all the injuries on the Warriors, playing only 7 guys again and the Warriors will find themselves in a difficult situation. If the game is close in the 4th quarter, that will be quite an achievement. The game will show what these guys are made of and what kind of condition they're in.
Regardless of what I think might happen, I'm still looking forward to this game because:
- Monta and Curry did such a great job distributing the ball yesterday. It was nice to watch our two top guards go out there and find the open man and also create shots for teammates.
- See if Corey Maggette can keep up what he did yesterday. 11 boards and 3 assists? Really? Wow. Will he continue to grab boards and look to set people up?
- Anthony Randolph had a poor first 3 quarters in Cleveland. His 4th quarter was encouraging to see. Apparently Raja Bell told him a few things prior to the 4th. AR was very active on the glass and trying to make things happen on offense in the paint.
- Big 3 + Rasheed + Rondo. It's the first chance I'll get to see how the new and improved Celtics look.
- Warriors by -14
- Rondo eats Curry for dinner
- Somebody breaks Ray Allen's ankles just like JC did last year
- Monta drops 25