In his first game with the Golden State Warriors against the Portland Trail Blazers Chris Hunter started the second half, swished in a nice turnaround jumper in the low block, had a rejection and an interception, and received a standing ovation from the Roaracle crowd. Not a bad debut at all.
That's an Unstoppable Baby Marc Jackson-looking shot if I ever saw one.
But as Mike Meezy would say "Who is he?" Jump to find out.
Ridiculous insights from our buddy Jon L from Ridiculous Upside your home for NBA prospect information and more:
I like Hunter's game a lot. He didn't get much of a shot with the Knicks in the preseason, but he was Fort Wayne's leading scorer last season and made the all D-League second team. Hunter's always been talented, as he was recruited to Michigan to play for Tommy Amaker, but Amaker did a terrible job of developing the guys he had, and several of them (Hunter, Courtney Sims, Brent Petway) ended up in the D-League, but all of them have received call-ups. Hunter has a nice midrange shot that forces post defenders to step out on him, and he made 55 percent of his shots last year. He also has some decent post moves. He's okay as a defender, but he's a decent rebounder, averaging 10 per 36 minutes. He's a really polished player offensively, and I think he definitely has a place in the NBA.
More on Chris Hunter:
- Fort Wayne's Chris Hunter Signs with Knicks [Ridiculous Upside]
- D-League Call-Up Rankings - Hey Potential, Meet Reality! [Ridiculous Upside]
- Game Notes: Fort Wayne 113, Austin 110 [Ridiculous Upside]
- When Basketball Becomes a Tragedy [Maize n Brew]
- Hard to Win Gunfights When You're Throwing Knives [Maize n Brew]
- Before We Move On... [Maize n Brew]
- Warriors Sign Chris Hunter Of NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants [Warriors.com]