Tip off: 4:30pm PST
Radio: KNBR 680
TV: CSN Bay Area
Around the Association: The Year of the Yi
Don't look know but the New Jersey Nets have won 2 out of their last 3 games. Meanwhile at our man onixn would call them your/ our/ the Golden State Worriers have lost their last 3 games.
Please don't be win #3 for the New Jersey Nets. Jump for a preview of today's action!
How did the Nets go from this:
in just 18 games?
It's an unsolved mystery. Head on over to the SB Nation New Jersey Nets blog to find out.
Well over here in the Bay how did we go from this:
Head on over to our 2009-2010 Golden State Warriors Preview Macro-Warriornomics edition to find out.
Back to New Jyeysey
The Stanford Tree
No I'm talking about this one:
I'm talking about this one:
If there was a 2008 NBA Draft re-do do you really think Brook Lopez would go at #10? I'd take him #1 overall. We're talking about the Diet Coke of TIm Duncan's and that ain't bad at all. 19 and 9 with 2 swats is real nice. I'll take that any day from a 2nd year 7 footer.
|2009 - Brook Lopez||21||36.3||7.1||14.4||49.3||0.0||0.0||0.0||5.0||6.0||82.7||3.2||5.8||9.0||1.7||2.7||0.6||2.2||3.6||19.2|
Monta Ellis vs. Devin Harris
Here's what I wrote in the 2009-2010 New Jersey Nets preview in the Golden Predictions:
Devin Harris and Monta Ellis have eerily similar stats.
So let's check in on that:
|2009 - Monta Ellis||20||40.3||9.7||20.9||46.2||0.6||1.7||35.3||4.8||6.1||79.3||0.9||3.4||4.2||5.2||4.6||2.4||0.5||3.1||24.7|
|2009 - Devin Harris||11||33.2||4.8||13.6||35.3||0.7||3.6||20.0||5.7||7.5||76.8||0.4||2.6||3.0||5.7||2.5||2.1||0.2||2.7||16.1|
Well the Harris injuries have pretty much killed that debate. Regardless whoever wins that matchup will the game. Baron Davis and Jason Richardson used to ABUSE Harris, but he has a reputation as a good defender and a rare player who can give Tony Parker fits. If Harris is healthy don't be surprised if this is the hardest defensive draw Ellis has all season.
Nets, Nets, Nets
Make no mistake though this is a bad team. Not Michael Jackson Bad either. The bad news is that is would take a miracle for them to make the 2010 NBA Playoffs even at the bottom of the East, which is still pretty poor. The good news is they've got a great shot at John Wall.
Not the best use of cap space.
- The Warriors fly in Calbert Cheaney and suit him up in his old #40 to meet the minimum number of dressed NBA players. (see BREAKING NEWS: Calbert Cheaney makes comeback with Warriors)
- Stanford Tree Brook Lopez drops 25-10 and mixes in a few rejections.
- After tonight's performance from Anthony Morrow, we all want to ask Anthony Morrow "How do you make shooting look so Yi-zy?!" at GSoM Night 8.
- Ellis keeps his turnovers in the single digits (barely) and wins the matchup against Harris.
- Nellie falls asleep watching this game at home midway through the 3rd quarter. I have to get on a caffeine high to stay awake.
- Rad Vlad shoots better than 1 for 9.
- Warriors by 7
Post your predictions and ongoing game thoughts in the comments section.