The Warriors really could've used this guide over the years.
Jump for the results of today's 2009 NBA Draft Lottery and a draft kit.
2009 NBA Draft Lottery
- LA Clippers [Clips Nation]: Warriors South came up BIG.
- Memphis Grizzlies: Say goodbye to Mike Conley and hello to Ricky Rubio.
- OKC Thunder [Welcome to Loud City]: Can they spell Hasheem in Oklahoma?
- Sacramento Kings [Sactown Royalty]: This was the lowest Sacrapmento could possibly fall in the lottery. CWebb should've called a timeout. :-(
- Washington Wizards [Bullets Forever]: So much for Gilbert Arenas getting his TIm Duncan.
- Minnesota Timberwolves [Canis Hoops]: At least Kevin McHale can't mess up their draft picks anymore. What's with the zombie bear though?
- Golden State Warriors: The Warriors lost the lottery, but that's okay. They'll have plenty of chances to redeem themselves over the course of the next decade.
- New York Knicks [Posting and Toasting]: Donnie Walsh has already called LeBron James and asked him who he wants to play with in 2010.
- Toronto Raptors: Say hello to the #9 pick and goodbye to Chris Bosh.
- Milwaukee Bucks [Brew Hoop]: This isn't a very heralded draft, but I'm sure they can do better than Joe Alexander this time around.
- New Jersey Nets: Don't be surprised if Rod Thorn plucks a major find here.
- Charlotte Bobcats [Rufus on Fire]: Larry Brown and company need someone who can score more than 16.7ppg. I don't think they can find someone at this spot who can do that.
- Indiana Pacers [Indy Cornrows]: You know the Warriors could trade their 2nd round pick for the Pacers' #13 overall pick. Naw, that would be too much like this trade.
- Phoenix Suns [Bright Side of the Sun]: They didn't really belong in the lottery in the first place. As long as they keep Amare and don't blow up their squad they'll be in the real playoffs next season.
Who should the Warriors take with the #7 overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft?
(The guy in RED).
If you're going to suck like the Warriors do, then suck in style!
With the 7th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft the Golden State Warriors select...
I'll pass the mic to longtime GSoMer mcwalter44 for some more eloquent HYPE.