As over zealous W's fans we often play this draft game as fantasy GM's. We more than most team fans have pretty good experience in this game as we're almost always here for the lottery discussion. Due to the fact that we are pathetic losers we live and breath on analysis, opinions and hope that a player from the draft will bring the change our franchise needs to turn us in to contenders. The draft each year presents us this forum of discussion on who we each think is needed and why. My approach to this tread is different. It's not about who we WANT rather who do we think we will really get. This changes quite a bit from the previous mentioned discussion and may lead to a more interesting conversation seeing that we have a few clues in which we can use to forecast the selection. With that being said.....My crystal ball is saying the Warriors will probably draft Stephon Curry, if he is still available and if we keep the pick.
Here is why:
1) We need another point guard and they are trying to trade Crawford. Curry would be his replacement, allowing them to trade Craw for a rebounder/ defender.
2) He is a junior and has a lot of experience (Riley said that they are looking for a senior or junior that can make an immediate impact, i.e. Morrow last year) Nelson has no interest in waiting for players to develop.
3) Together with Monta and Jackson we'll have enough ball handlers and distributors. If they all average 5 ast per game, we'll have a tough team to predict.
4) He's big for the PG's available allowing him to play with Ellis. 5) Because Ellis is a better slasher, it makes sense to pair him with a PG that can spread the floor, create lanes.
5) He can shoot, which is a Nellie must. See Marcus Williams & why he never played.
6) Fairly safe draft for the 7th in comparison to other options. Not a sure thing but, I'm guessing most GM know what to expect from Curry.
So, like it or not, I got my money on Nellie and Riley going after Curry. Personally I might go in another direction, but I think this is what we are getting. The question then is, how do we feel about it? Or, who do you think THEY (Nellie and the puppet) will really draft and why?
This FanPost is a submission from a member of the mighty Golden State of Mind community. While we're all here to throw up that W, these words do not necessarily reflect the views of the GSoM Crew. Still, chances are the preceding post is Unstoppable Baby!