I've over exhausted myself with this draft and this is my final word. I am locking in my final pick.... James Johnson and here's why;
1) he's a black belt and I love ninjas because they are sneaky good, confident and tough, we could use that.
2) If Monta's our PG and Jackson our Sg we need a SF and I think he can play that
3) he's a good passer, shot blocker, and can finish around the rim with both hands.
4) he's got beef.
5) he's pretty tall. Really 6'8" in shoes.
5) I think he'd be a great complement to Randolph**see more below.
5) yea I know I've done 3 fives now, but who cares, finally....it feels right and I haven't had that from anyone else in this draft.
5) Has a couple years at college so should be able to play soon
1) the real #1, if he ends up being great on another team......I'll be really, really upset.
Probably won't start this year but our future line up could be:
Jackson - 6'8"
Johnson - 6'8"
Randolph - 6'-10"
Goose - 6'11"
As a compliment to Randolph: Johnson has the beef Randolph doesn't, appears to be able to play with back to basket and can finish with both hands (if that improves he'll be tough to guard in the same sense as Boozer is), can also shoot out side, although not a great 3pt shooter yet (30%) I think he'll improve it looks like he has good form, and can pass (I can really see Johson and AR playing great TEAM ball)
So sum, seems like everything we need and makes sense. Hill replicates what Ronny already does, if we don't go with a PG I hope they take Johnson.
PS. Earl Clark plays soft and nothing upsets me more that that.
Height, size, rebounding, defense, ball movement. Johnson does a little bit of everything and I think he's a great fit for this team. At SF we need a guy that can do a bit of everything.