Good luck JC.
Jump for a quote from Stein, a few initial thoughts, and some links!
The Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors are closing in on a trade that would find a new home for Jamal Crawford.
NBA front-office sources say that the Warriors and Hawks will soon complete a deal sending Crawford to Atlanta for Acie Law and Speedy Claxton.
A few initial reactions:
- Foolish me. I actually didn't think the Warriors could move Crawford till he decided whether to opt out or not.
- Maybe Speedy Claxton can help us bring back Baron Davis again?
- Sure the defense wasn't there and he won the first annual WDWY, but I'm going to miss JC. He was fun to watch with his sick handles and uncanny knack for drawing the foul on the treys. JC was beyond classy here. Hey at least the man showed up to Fan Appreciation Night unlike Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis, and Corey Maggette.
- This is a very odd basketball trade for the Warriors, but maybe we have to dig a little deeper.
- Acie Law = Marcus Williams 2.0?
Crawford coming to Hawks [Peachtree Hoops]
Finally, it may not have been possible, but Acie and Speedy appear to be headed into a team who might be more dysfunctional than their previous one.
- ESteinPN reporting: Warriors set to send Crawford to Atlanta for Law and Claxton [Talking Points]- some interesting thoughts and a look at the salary numbers behind this deal
- Warriors, Hawks Talking Crawford Trade [FanHouse]
Speedy, Law not the Answer [Inside the Warriors]
I’ve been told by Warriors insiders that neither Claxton nor Law is the Warriors’ answer to their point guard solutions. They are still in the market for a PG, so this trade does not rule out them drafting a point guard.
Thanks to Rotudo for getting this up within seconds of it going down in the FanPosts.
|2008 - Jamal Crawford||65||38.1||6.4||15.7||41.0||2.2||6.1||36.0||4.6||5.3||87.2||0.4||2.6||3.0||4.4||2.3||0.9||0.2||1.4||19.7|
Data for this widget is not currently available
|2008 - Acie Law||55||10.2||0.9||2.5||37.4||0.2||0.5||31.0||0.9||1.1||81.7||0.1||0.9||1.1||1.6||0.5||0.2||0.1||0.8||2.9|