I have lived in the bay area most of my life and have been a pretty hardcore fan for maybe 8 to 10 years now. I think everyone can agree that it is a fact that we have an incredibly dedicated fan-base, especially in relation to our teams actual performance. Unfortunately for us though, most players in the NBA don't have a strong desire to come here to play and the image of our team to the league isn't that well established. So I propose an idea I've had for a long long time.
I think the Warriors should move to San Francisco.
I have a couple thought I'd like to make on this idea.
1. I think San Francisco could better support the image of the team without moving them too far from where they are. It's still close to the current fans.
2. They could go back to being "the city," the coolest uniform and logo combination, EVER.
3. San Francisco is awesome and could attract more players.
4. The 49ers are moving to Santa Clara leaving San Francisco with only one professional team.
5. The Warriors redid their arena a bit in 1996 (or whenever it was) but I think its been long enough that they wouldn't be making that all for nothing.
6. The A's and Raiders don't want to share their stadium and could build a new one in place of the current warriors arena.
Those are my general thoughts on it, I don't think this could happen for awhile, but if tried to do this by say 2013, that could be really cool.
What do you all think?