Movement? What is this movement you speak of?
We cut down the Nets like it's the NCAA spring tourney after the JUMP!
I won't pull any punches. The 2009-2010 New Jersey Nets season depends on one man and one man alone.
I'm of course referring to none other than Yi Jianlian aka The Movement.
Linking ain't Yi-zy:
- 2007 NBA Draft: We want Yi Jian Lian!
- The Yi Movement Continues...
- Yi's Got Yao Ming and the Ladies Running!
- Yi Dropping Double Doubles
- Spanish Fly vs Yi Fly
- China vs USA- It's Yi Time!
- RECAP: Team USA 119, China 73
- Yi is FIBA's Interview of the (Long)Week
- Yi's a Sure Thing + Coast II Coast Bust
- Yi at FIBA and 2k7 Draft
- Yi in 2k7
- Yi's Sweeter than Mango Mochi Ice Cream
- Nellie Loves Chinese Ballas
- Yi Chat with Chad Ford
- Scouts LOVE Yi
- Is The Yi Movement Over?
- Rumor: Warriors are Yi "Approved"
- Rumor: Warriors and Bulls Want Yi
- Dwight Howard Endorses The Movement
- Yi's "a sight to behold"
- Rumor: Yi Could Pull a Fran Vazquez
- The Yi Movement Gets Junkdafied
- Rumor: Jason Richardson for 5th Pick (Yi Jianlian), Theo Ratliff, and Sebastian Telfair
- Rumor: Jason Richardson + #18 pick to Grizzlies, Celtics or Bobcats
- Project O'Bust vs Yi Jianlian
- Yi in Town
- Rumor: Jason Richardson + #18 Pick for Bucks' #6 Pick (Yi Jianlian)
- Chris Mullin Talks about The Yi Movement
- Yi Jianlian Takes Over ESPN.com
- Yi Blogs like an American!
- Rumor: Warriors Trying Hard for Yi Jianlian
- Rumor: Andris Biedrins + #18 Pick for Bucks' #6 (Yi Jianlian)
- Rumor: Warriors Willing to Move Monta Ellis for Bobcats' #8 Pick if Yi's Available
- In the 2007 NBA Draft the Warriors will select...
- With the 6th pick in the 2k7 Draft, the Milwaukee Bucks take...
- Draft Day Reflection
- The Global Economic Logic to Yi's NBA Destination
- Friday Night Hoops- Yao vs Yi
I feel like a lot of otherwise smart hoops folks are quick to write off Yi as a bust. People are entitled to their own prerogative, but I'd like to take a second to highlight this comparison between Yi and KG.
Yi Jianlian (per 36)
- Rookie: 28.6% 3pt, 84.1% FT, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 tov
- Sophomore: 34.3% 3pt, 77.2% FT, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 tov
Kevin Garnett (per 36)
- Rookie: 3pt, 70.5% FT, 7.9 rpg, 1.7 tov
- Sophomore: 28.6% 3pt, 75.4% FT, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 tov
In case you're having trouble seeing it for yourself let me spell it out for you:
- FACT: While KG's 3pt % flat-lined across his first two seasons, Yi's showed dramatic improvement from year 1 to year 2, jumping nearly 6 percentage points.
- FACT: Yi was a superior free throw shooter compared to KG.
- FACT: Yi showed nice showed improvement in his rebounding rate, while KG's rate declined.
- FACT: Turnovers are incredibly costly in the game of basketball and Yi was able to cut his turnovers in year 2. On the other hand KG turned the ball over more in year 2, even surpassing Yi's year 1 rate.
|2008 - Yi Jianlian||61||23.3||3.1||8.2||38.2||0.8||2.3||34.3||1.6||2.0||77.2||1.1||4.2||5.3||1.0||1.1||0.5||0.6||2.6||8.6|
- Brook Lopez continues on his path towards being the Diet Coke of Tim Duncans by dropping 15 ppg, 9 rpg, and 2 blks.
- Terrence Williams shows some flashes and looks to be a steady rotation swingman for the next 8+ seasons in the NBA.
- The Nets rank in the bottom 5 in fan attendance in the entire association.
- Devin Harris and Monta Ellis have eerily similar stats.
- Skip to My Lou and his expiring $5.25 million contract get traded before the deadline.
- Sean Williams makes a nice comeback.
- Yi Jianlian's got next!
2009-2010 Around the Association
- Atlanta Hawks: Sorry, Mrs. Jackson. The Hawks are for real.
- Boston Celtics: Sheed in Green + Another Answer
- Charlotte Bobcats: They Do Exist
- Chicago Bulls: Ring Around the Rose-y
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Now or Never
- Dallas Mavericks: The Curse of the Dampier
- Denver Nuggets: If it ain't broke...
- Detroit Pistons: The Return of the Bay Boys
- Houston Rockets: Yao-ch!, that's gotta hurt
- Indiana Pacers: A One Man Show
- Los Angeles Clippers: Warriors South No More
- Los Angeles Lakers: Big Brother, Little Brother
- Memphis Grizzlies: Going Back to Vancouver
- Miami Heat: Need to get the point
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- New Jersey Nets
- New Orleans Hornets: Two first names, one great point guard
- New York Knicks
- Oklahoma City Super Sonics
- Orlando Magic
- Philadelphia Sixers
- Phoenix Suns
- Portland TrailBlazers
- Sacramento Kings
- San Antonio Spurs
- Toronto Raptors
- Utah Jazz
- Washington Wizards