=== Last update: Jan 19, 4:00am
Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Golden State Warriors 114, Chicago Bulls 97 -- MLK Day Miracle
Game thread: GAME THREAD #38: Warriors vs. Bulls (750+ comments)
Associated Press recap: Warriors snap 3-game skid by beating Bulls 114-97
Sports Network recap: Warriors bowl over Chicago
Rusty Simmons recap: Ellis, Maggette power Warriors past Bulls
Marcus Thompson II recap: Biedrins rebounds to help short-handed Warriors to easy win over Bulls
Live Blogging LinksGeoff Lepper: Game 39, Live: Bulls (18-20) at Warriors (11-27)
- No pregame news found.
After Monta made 4 of his trick shots in 10 minutes, Matt Steinmetz ran down Monta in the hall and asked him about it.
CSN segment on the Warriors injuries and introduces Anthony Tolliver.
- Biedrins was still miffed at missing those FTs. Includes Nellie, Curry, and Biedrins transcripts.
Tim Kawakami: Warriors 114, Chicago 97: Welcome back, Andris Biedrins
- Nellie gave praise on Curry's improved defense since the start of the season.
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors Update: Nelson calls Curry 'total package'
- MT2's Tidbits from the game: Biedrins FTs, Maggette's efficiency, Curry's toughness, Monta's All-Star chances.
Marcus Thompson II: Game #39 (12-27): Warriors 114, Bulls 97
Jaymee interviews Stephen Curry on the court.
Don Nelson at the podium.
Andris Biedrins in the locker room.
CSN game highlights.
Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On Today's Game:
"Here we are limited with seven and a half players but we found a way to win. Guys know we have been playing decently; we usually have pretty good first halves and then the third quarter has been a problem for us, but tonight we won the third quarter and had a good fourth. It was a good game tonight."
On Andris Biedrins:
"He’s letting me play him finally. He hasn’t been a dominate player until tonight. I have been careful with him and coaching to the score, so if he wasn’t scoring or rebounding like we’re used to, we’d still have a chance of winning."
On Monta Ellis:
"I thought he took some bad and early shots that we wished we had over. He’s my star player, he’s trying to win games and do the right thing. I thought he played a real solid game."
On Cartier Martin and Anthony Tolliver:
"Those two young guys, they got a great future ahead of them. Both of them are great ballplayers and they are both are going to continue to work and they are both going to get better. (Anthony Tolliver) played terrific to me, he rebounded, ran the floor and got loose balls. Cartier Martin too. They made big plays at the end of the game, and we needed that and they came in a gave us a great lift."
On Playing Longer Minutes:
"I don’t know what was different. I just physically feel better and better every game, and I have more energy to stay on the court longer. I think that was the main thing."
On Needing A Big Game:
"I was waiting for a game like this, for a couple of games already. It just feels good finally; I’m getting there, to where I was before and where I want to be."
On Today's Game:
"I just feed off my teammates; I mean, we had to stick together tonight. We only had eight guys so in the second half we just had to stick together and play defense, get stops, get into transition and just play fun basketball like we like to."
On Playing High Minutes as a Rookie:
"Just preparation day in and day out. I’m trying to approach each game the same way, like I said I’m feeding off my teammates. We’ve been pumping each other up in the locker room and we have no choice to be energetic and give 100 percent out there."
On Holding opponent Under 100:
"That’s huge for us. Sticking to the game plan, and effort was all it was really. I think we did that last game, for a half, and couldn’t finish it out in the second half. We made that big run in the third quarter, got the lead, got control, and we were able to focus on defense and know if he got stops we were going to get a win."
#ihaveadream that 1 day the warriors will have a full healthy roster
- Nellie had brought in Rick Barry to try the underhanded free throw, but Biedrins decided not to go with the underhanded free throw.
- Nellie even talked to Biedrins about trying the one handed free throw.
- There will be a practice tomorrow. I presume we'll find out about Tolliver's knee then too.
- The Warriors will host the Nuggets on Wednesday at the usual 7:30pm. Both Carmelo and Billups are back.
- Biedrins says he changed his free throw when he went back to the national team. He said it was the wrong thing to do.
- I think there's another Matt Steinmetz chat on Wednesday at 1pm on his chat page, though Matt hasn't set up a reminder for it yet.