Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Warriors 118, Nuggets 123 (OT) – Never a Dull Moment
Game thread: GAME THREAD #40: Warriors vs Nuggets - Rematch (1570+ comments)
Associated Press recap: Billups has 37, Nuggets edge Warriors in OT
Sports Network recap: Billups lifts Nuggets over Warriors in OT
Rusty Simmons recap: Ellis dominates, but isn't good for the last drop
Marcus Thompson II recap: Warriors fall in overtime to Nuggets
Mike Massa recap and notes: Nuggets get another late call, another win over Warriors
Live Blogging LinksGeoff Lepper: Game 40, Live: Nuggets (26-14) at Warriors (12-27)
- Matt Steinmetz's week chat transcript from today, Jan 20.
Matt Steinmetz: Matt Steinmetz Jan. 20 Chat Transcript
- Before the game, Monta didn't do post a shootaround interview, saying the rain was causing pain in his surgically repaired left ankle. (Jaymee later tweets that this is something that normally happens to Monta when it rains because of the metal plate.)
Rusty Simmons: Rain wreaks havoc on Ellis' ankle
- Mike Massa with a little fun on which currently active and healthy Warrior would win a dunk contest.
Mike Massa: Handicapping (no pun intended) a Warriors dunk contest
Anthony Tolliver on defense and rebounding.
Cartier Martin on rebounding, 10-day contract, goggles.
Corey Maggette on the last game, game plan, his hot streak.
Keith Smart on Carmelo.
- Cartier signed his 2nd and final 10-day contract today. After that, Warriors need to figure out how to keep Cartier.
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors notebook: Team has options with Cartier Martin
- Monta has shot a lot more 3's lately. What if he got good at it?
Rusty Simmons: Ellis hopes success comes in threes
Don Nelson at the podium.
Stephen Curry in the locker room.
Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On Tonight's Game:
"We lost the game because we didn’t rebound. Possession after possession we got a stop but our lack of rebounding gave them extra chances. They had two guys who had at least 12 rebounds and we had one. I thought we did a really good job on Carmelo (Anthony)."
On Playing A Lot Of Minutes:
"I feel great, feel good. Great game… left it all on the court. Wish we could have gotten the win."
On Chauncey Billups:
"He was real tough, hit a lot of big shots tonight. Pretty much Carmelo (Anthony) wasn’t going so he pretty much took the game over and made plays for his team, made plays for himself and they got the win."
On Tonight's Game:
"We played a hard fought game the whole 53 minutes. That was a big shot by J.R. Smith in OT. We probably had a chance to get a stop and a rebound and go to the free throw line and seal the game and he made that big shot. I thought we played pretty well the whole game and really put ourselves in a position to win and just couldn’t get that one stop down the stretch."
On Losing In Overtime:
"It’s tough, you give all that effort, you play that hard the whole game and you have it in your hands and you want to walk away with that win, at home, especially. It’s tough for us, but we have a back-to-back Friday and Saturday, so we have a chance to continue the momentum we have and try and get two wins."
To clarify...Monta said the soreness in his ankle 2day was nothing serious, just something that happens when it rains b/c of the metal plate
GSW played 197 minutes last 4 games. Of those, Monta Ellis has played 193 mins, 55 secs. Only rest was 3:05 stretch to start 4thQ v. Heati
Rehab went well today. I'm off my crutches now so I'm walkin with a lil limp. Ill be on the bench soon with the boys. Got the nuggets 2nite
- No interesting notes to add tonight.
- The final game of the homestand also kicks off a home/road back-to-back. Friday vs Nets, Saturday @Suns.
- The Don Nelson show with Ralph and Tom on KNBR should air tomorrow (Thursday). I think Nellie will be more open to talk about tonight's game then.
- Also tomorrow, another edition of the Warriors Weekly Radio Show on KNBR 680 at 9:00pm. mp3s will be available on the radio show's web page