SD is such a strange place.
Tip-Off: 7:00pm PST
TV: None | Radio: KNBR 680
Blog Buddy: Silver Screen and Roll
Tonight's preseason festivity will take place in San Diego, California. Fortunately/ unfortunately I spent my undergrad years down in La Jolla. SD has a stunningly beautiful scenery. However, it's one of the worst sports towns in the nation and in more ways than one, it's B-rate by California standards.
I thank the hoops gods everyday that I don't have to wait for a random NBA appearance in my local town like they do down in San Diego. Instead I am treated to a team that has missed the playoffs 15 of the past 16 years via local TV/ radio, BART, and insane 880 traffic.
Since we've got a little Bay vs LA action here, I'd just like to take a second to point out that the San Francisco Giants (see McCovey Chronicles + SB Nation Bay Area) are just 1 game away from the World Series, while the much-maligned LA Dodgers are well... NOT!
JUMP because you're loving the SoCal bashing!
- Warriors fans bring it in the comments section of this game thread like it's the playoffs.
- Lakers fans don't even know there's a game on tonight.
- Shoot, Ron Artest doesn't even know the Lakers are playing tonight.
- The Giants win the NLCS.
- Dodgers fans watch the Giants win the NLCS.
- Padres fans (all two of them) watch the Giants win the NLCS.
San Diego Clippers, San Diego Rockets,San Diego hoops fans root for the Warriors.
- Warriors by 1.
GSoM Night 9!
Opening Night! - Wednesday, October 27, 2010 @ 7:30p vs Houston Rockets
Tickets (Purchase Tickets Online, password: GSOM)
- Club 200 Sideline: $30 each (regular $36)
- Club 200 Corner/Baseline: $25 each (regular $30)
For Every Ticket Purchased
- Tickets to opening night vs the Rockets
- Free Tony.psd t-shirt
- Participate in the post-game on-court free throw contest
- For groups of 10+, sit courtside for shootaround from 6-6:30
How much better is the Bay Area than San Diego?
5x (90 votes)
10x (39 votes)
25x (22 votes)
50x (57 votes)
Infinity! (516 votes)
724 total votes