Hello Warrior Killer,
Please don't hurt us too much tonight.
Golden State Warriors frontcourt and faithful.
Warriors (1-0) vs Clippers (0-1)
Blog Buddy: Clips Nation
As my esteemed colleague JAE astutely noted in his excellent recap the Warriors are unbeaten. The GSoM insights only get better, so JUMP!
Game 1 Thoughts
- 46 points from Monta Ellis. Money. Sure he took plenty of shots, but only a few of them seemed forced. That was a fantastic game by Monta. Al Harrington thinks Monta will lead the league in scoring. Do you?
- Stephen Curry seemed to get off to a slow start, but maybe my eyes were just being drawn away from him and onto Monta. I'd like to see those 5 turnovers cut in half (Did I just say I wanted him to get 2.5 turnovers in the first game?), but I liked the pesky defense (I don't understand how the boxscore credited him with 0 steals), the 25 points on some nice shooting, and 11 dimes.
- David Lee where have you been the past 4 years? Nellie sure could have used you! Shoot, WE BELIEVE with this year's David Lee would have beaten the Utah Jazz in that second round. I LOVE the 17 points and 15 boards, but I dig the 6 dimes from a PF even more. David Lee is the best power forward the Warriors have had since Chris Webber. There, I said it.
- Just to recap in the first game of season for each respective team: David Lee 17 points, 15 boards, 6 assists, 1 block vs Anthony "Don't Believe the Hype" Randolph- DNP-Inactive, Kelena Azubuike- DNP- Inactive (Buike will be missed), and Ronny Turiaf 8 points, 4 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 steals. I'll make that trade again ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
- Andris Biedrins- Welcome back to the NBA. There's one or two foul calls I didn't agree with on Biedrins, but he's got to stay out of foul trouble. Dan Gadzuric is not supposed to play.
- Brandan Wright looked soft. SOFT. I did like that one weakside block courtesy of his Inspector Gadget length though.
- Dorell Wright, Rodney Carney, and Reggie Williams- If one of these guys can step up on any given night the Warriors become a whole lot more dangerous.
- For more on the Game 1 thumping of the Houston Rockets check out: Recap | Game Day Links
Tonight's Clipper Reality Check
- Biedrins and Lee combine to form... one of the worst defensive 4-5 tandems in the league. Chris Kaman and the 2011 ROY Blake Griffin are going to eat them up alive. The rebound totals should be similar between the pairs, but Kaman and Griffin are going to be scoring a plenty. Lee can get his, but Biedrins cannot.
- Stef-fun and Monta need to watch the turnovers. Baron and Eric Gordon are very capable pick pocket artists.
- I hate to say it, but Robert Rowell was probably right about not keeping Baron Davis (see Polling GSoM: Was Robert Rowell right about overriding Chris Mullin's 3 year $39 million extension for Baron Davis?). It was the unpopular move back in the summer of 2008, but have you seen what the artist formerly known as Boom Dizzle has done the past 2 seasons and 1 game (3 for 11?!) in Clipperville? Chris Mullin was wrong once again. I really hate to say it.
- Monta Ellis drops 30 points.
- Baron Davis shoots below 33%.
- Stephen Curry dishes out double-digit-dimes (the 3D).
- Blake Griffin gets his first 20-20 game.
- David Lee goes for 20-10-5.
- Warriors by 3.
- You click and roll on over to Clips Nation from Clipper Steve's fantastic preview of Warriors South vs Clippers North.
- You're still hyped about the Giants big win in Game 2 of the 2010 World Series, so you head over to the fabulous McCovey Chronicles to say hello!