Warriors (2-0) @ (2-0)
Blog Buddy: Silver Screen an Roll
Up until the third quarter of Friday night's game against the Clippers it had been all treats and no tricks for the Warriors this season, when Stephen Curry rolled his ankle (again!?!?) and had to leave the game and head to the locker room. In what is probably a wise move the Warriors decided to leave Steph at home for this one and try to rest up his ankle for Wednesday's game against the Griz. That leaves the rest of the Warriors with a pretty tough test tonight. As if it wasn't hard enough to win a game on the home court of the NBA Champs, the Warriors will try to do that tonight without their starting point guard, relying on some questionable depth in the backcourt. The good news is that Monta Ellis has been doing a great job so far this season distributing the ball, and with Wright, Lee, and Beidrins we might be fielding the best overall passing starting five in the league this year. The bad news of course is that we are playing the Lakers, but let's keep riding the wave of positivity and look at the bright side here. If the Warriors can go into LA and steal a victory tonight you've got to start wondering if some of the stat-heads that were predicting enough wins to snag a playoff spot might have been on to something. Jump for Tricks and Treats!
- Steph will be watching this one from home.
- The Warriors interior D will be put to the test by Gasol and Odom.
- Someone has to guard Kobe... Will Reggie or Dorell be up to the task? Is anyone ever up to the task?
- It's the first road game of the season. Will the Dubs fun loving attitude and team chemistry make the trip?
- Warriors will need productive minutes out of Charlie Bell or Jeremy Lin, which is something we haven't seen yet in the young season.
- The Warriors have the worst Foul Differential in the league, and shouldn't expect a kind whistle tonight.
- The Warriors have a +6 Rebound differential! That's good for 7th best in the league, and it's a far cry from the embarrassing rebounding performances we've grown accustomed to.
- The Warriors are currently leading the league in PPG, Point differential, Assists, FG%, and 3pt%. Yeah, it's early, but the offense has been a joy to watch.
- Monta Ellis has been a changed man. He's showing the kind of maturity and judgment that could help to make him an All-Star this season, and permanently erase any sour feelings that might still linger from Moped-Gate and the questionable on court performances of the past two seasons.
- The bench has been outperforming expectations, and we will need everything they've got tonight.
- Andris Biedrins has returned to form, and has been flashing some smooth looking and effective moves in the post.
- David Lee is on pace to become everyone's favorite Warrior by the end of the season with his great attitude, very impressive production, and strong leadership.
- If Dorell (1 R, 2 L's) Wright can keep it up, his signing alone should put Larry Riley in the conversation for NBA executive of the year.
Happy Halloween!! Have fun, and be safe. Go Warriors! Go Giants! And check out The Walking Dead on AMC tonight!!
What's your favorite candy on Halloween?
Snickers (110 votes)
Almond Joy (30 votes)
Tootsie Rolls (or pops) (14 votes)
Three Musketeers (28 votes)
Nerds (44 votes)
Candy Corn (18 votes)
Reese's (Cups or Pieces) (181 votes)
425 total votes