The Warriors want to play tougher D this season.
Jump like Kings fans when they read my Warriors-Kings comparison: 2010-2011 Sacramento Kings Preview- vs Golden State Warriors + The Real Kings of Cali :: Around the Association
Seriously those cats lost their minds!
Preseason Game #1 Rewind: Golden State Warriors 127, LA Clippers 87
- Someone please don't put out the fire in the Roaracle. The Warriors shot nearly 56% from the field, 67% from downtown, and nearly 90% from the charity stripe. EN FUEGO!
- D-Fense. The Dubs held the Baron Davis and Chris Kaman-less Clippers to under 38% shooting overall. Sure it's a meaningless preseason game and some key Clips were M.I.A., but I can dig the effort.
- Every single Warrior had a positive +/- score. That's pretty positive.
- Brandan Wright played 20 minutes! When was the last time you could say that? Good for him.
- It's just the preseason, but Stephen Curry's 5 turnovers (to 6 assists) aren't what I wanted to see.
- It's just the preseason, but Andris Biedrins' 5 fouls in 19 minutes aren't what I wanted to see.
- It's just the preseason, but Dorell Wright's 16 points, 6 boards, 4 dimes, 1 steal, and 1 block in 27 minutes are EXACTLY what I wanted to see.
- I can dig Jeremy Lin's 7 points, 3 boards, and 2 dimes in 12 minutes.
- Blake Griffin is a beast. Blake Griffin is a beast. Blake Griffin is a beast. He's my pick for 2011 NBA Rookie of the Year.
Preseason Game #2 vs Sacramento Kings Predictions
- Stephen Curry gets 10 dimes.
- DeMarcus Cousins begins his onslaught against the Warriors with 15-15.
- Scoring machine Reggie Williams gets his 20.
- Tyreke Evans gets a speeding ticket driving from Sacramento to Oakland. (Sorry, I just had to sneak that joke in there. I couldn't help myself.)
- Some silly commenter from Sactown Royalty comes over to the GSoM game thread and acts a fool. GSoMers stay classy in response
- Warriors by 10.
The only thing better than this:
GSoM Night 9
Opening Night! - Wednesday, October 27, 2010 @ 7:30p vs Houston Rockets
Tickets (Purchase Tickets Online, password: GSOM)
- Club 200 Sideline: $30 each (regular $36)
- Club 200 Corner/Baseline: $25 each (regular $30)
For Every Ticket Purchased
- Tickets to opening night vs the Rockets
- Free Tony.psd t-shirt
- Participate in the post-game on-court free throw contest
- For groups of 10+, sit courtside for shootaround from 6-6:30