Originally posted Feb 10, 2010 10:53 PM PST
What Dubs Nation saw tonight at the ROARACLE! (via www.petswelcome.com)
Preview/ Game Thread- From Boom Town to D-League Town (1260+ comments)
|Final - 2.10.2010||1||2||3||4||Total|
|Los Angeles Clippers||20||26||28||28||102|
|Golden State Warriors||38||26||46||22||132|
Jump like an All-Star!
Okay I know the Warriors aka Clippers North just beat the Clippers aka Warriors South by 30 points with only 8 players- none of whom were Monta Ellis or Corey Maggette and 4 of whom were never even drafted- but let's not get carried away. There's several glaring problems the Warriors had tonight:
- Missing 38% of their shots from the field overall
- Not sinking in 40.9% of their trifectas
- Only registering 46 points in a quarter ONCE the entire night
- Merely out-rebounding the bigger and dirtier Clippers by 6 rodmans
- Missing 25% of their tries from the charity stripe
- Failing to better a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio
I hope you can tell I'm kidding.
Let's get carried away.
(You're not seeing double- that's just me getting carried away!)
My golden folks whether it was:
- Former Rio Grande Valley Viper guard C.J. Watson playing the entire 48 minutes and chipping in 8 dimes with only 1 turnover
- Former Idaho Stampede forward Anthony Tolliver swishing all 3 of his tries from downtown and 11 for 16 shooting overall on his way to 29 points
- Former Fort Wayne Mad Ants center Chris Hunter scoring 7 points in under 10 minutes of play
- Andris Biedrins going 5 for 5 with a free on throw on top
- Undrafted 3pt assassin Anthony Morrow aka AMMO dropping 26 points, 10 boards, 6 dimes with a theft
- Ronny Turiaf dishing out 6 assists
- Devean George almost topping Michael Jordan's famous flu-game
- Don Nelson out-coaching some guy named Kim (Who?!)
- Or Stephen Curry (more on that later)
This is what being a Warrior fan is all about.
Forget all those bandwagoners who jumped on during WE BELIEVE 07 and its short, but fun aftermath in 2007-2008. They're all mostly gone now. If you've been around the way with this franchise, this is what it's all about. Coming from out of nowhere and just being-
This is how we do it.
By the way who is Ronny hi-fiving in this pic?
Do yourself a favor. Print this boxscore and hang it up on your wall:
I could go on and on about the fantastic shooting, unselfishness, hustle and desire everyone in a retro San Francisco Warriors Hardwood Classics jersey displayed tonight, but that just wouldn't do what the fellas did tonight justice.
Print out box score.
Hang it up.
Life is good.
The first Golden State Warrior rookie to notch a triple double since Chris Webber is...
Stephen Curry's happy dance.
Tell me you didn't bust a big goofy smile when the ball dropped into Kid Curry's hands after Al Thornton's 16-foot jumper missed about a second before the final game buzzer.
36 points (11-22 FG, SEVEN-11 3pt, 7-8 FT), 13 assists, 10 rebounds, 3 steals
And for those of you at home who love the +/- stat Stephen Curry was +35 tonight.
The Stef-FUN don't stop! NBA All-Star Weekend's Rookie-Sophomore game on Friday features Curry and Morrow aka Chocolate Rain and then on Saturday Curry's about to spice up the 3pt contest.
Keep it locked!
1 DUB and good night.