The Warriors took a much needed day off yesterday after that grueling 5 games in 7 days road trip. It's back to work today with a 2 hour long practice which included some tape watching.
News of the day: Biedrins surgery on torn abdominal muscle was successful, out for the rest of the season. Monta practiced, expected to return tomorrow.
Make the jump for practice interviews, Rusty Simmons and Don Nelson on KNBR, and this week's Warriors Weekly TV.
Update - More news found: Turiaf didn't practice today, questionable with sore left knee.
Don Nelson on Monta's return to practice, Curry and the rookie wall, Raja Bell.
Anthony Morrow on the tough road trip, Monta's return, taking the big shot.
Stephen Curry on Monta's return.
CSN segment on Monta back in practice.
- Rusty Simmons on his background, Warriors playing hard, Warriors continual failure, Chris Cohan, the summer draft.
10:22 min: Rusty Simmons with Damon Bruce
Andris Biedrins succesful surgery but he'll officially miss rest of season, according to Warriors
Monta Ellis practicing with team today ... We'll see about tomorrow vs. Portland. #GSW #NBA
Warriors' Monta Ellis doing fullcourt work. Doesn't seem like any reason he shouldn't play Thursday vs. Blazers. #GSW #NBA
Monta Ellis is "leaning" towards playing Thursday vs. Portland. Depends on how his strained lower back responds to today's practice
I think he is good to go, but he stopped short of saying so @mimismonkey From what i understand he's good 2 go. What do you think on status?
I forgot. Biedrins done 4 year. Had surgery Wed to repair a torn abdominal muscle. Will be 4-6 wks before he "begins" hoop-related activity
- Matt Steinmetz held his weekly chat today.
Matt Steinmetz: Matt Steinmetz March 10 Chat Transcript
- MT2 and Rusty Simmons on Monta's back injury, Monta's thoughts on the road trip, self summary of his practice.
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors notebook: Monta Ellis could return to action against Trail Blazers
Rusty Simmons: Ellis' back pain began in high school
Warriors Weekly TV
Monta Ellis being a leader.
Basketball 101: Fast break basketball.
Warrior Girl Tracy.
Ultimate highlight video.
- Biedrins surgery was successful, out for the rest of the season.
- Monta practiced today. Nellie expects him back tomorrow.
- Monta said he had a spine condition that has bothered him since high school.
- Turiaf did not practice, questionable with a sore left knee.
- According to the Rusty Simmons article, the Monta was born with a small hole at the base of his spine. The condition is called spondylolysis (wiki page).
Blazers, Raptors, Lakers, Hornets. Prediction fun time for this homestand: Your call on the W-L?
4-0, Victorious 4-game sweep (77 votes)
3-1 (38 votes)
2-2 (131 votes)
1-3 (187 votes)
0-4, We own the 3rd place lotto spot (180 votes)
613 total votes