We've lived through dumb, dumber, and dumbest- see our historical piece 16 Years of Chris Cohan Owning the Golden State Warriors: 10 of the Dumbest Moves
And now it's (thankfully) time to start looking to the future.
I wonder what Oracle Arena will look like in 20 years. Maybe like Disneyland's Tomorrowland?
(pic via tvtropes.org)
JUMP for a quick look at the pro's and con's of the potential suitors for the Golden State Warriors that have surfaced so far.
Oracle bilionaire Larry Ellison
We've discussed what life would be like if Mr. Ellison owned the GSW in great detail over the past few years and I like what I foresee. Check out Oracle CEO Larry Ellison trying to buy NBA franchise Golden State Warriors
Ellison can give players NBA Jam-like TURBO boosts from the sidelines.
(pic via regmedia.co.uk)
- He's a true American success story.
- He's a winner.
- He's ruthless.
- He has a basketball court on his yatch (that doubles as a helicopter landing pad) for crying out loud!
- Say goodbye to some of the cheapest ticket prices in the league. Ellison knows how to latch on subscribers at some very hefty prices.
- There's a very real chance he renames the team to the Golden State Oracles or worse the Golden State Ellison's.
24-Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov
- Maybe the Warriors would be more fit and not suffer from so many injuries.
- Oracle Arena would be open 24-7 for all your fitness needs- definitely worth the price of a Super Sport membership.
I was expecting some HUGE bodybuilder!
(pic via www.iscfmma.com)
- You'd have to deal with even more annoying sales reps if you tried to cancel your membership to the Golden State Warriors.
- A ridiculous 880 traffic rush every 1st week of January from the "New Year's Resolution" out-of-shape types.
- 24-Hour Fitness Founder Really Wants Warriors [Inside the Warriors]
- Warriors suitor Mark Mastrov, founder of 24 Hour Fitness, makes his case to be team's owner [San Jose Mercury News]
Unnamed group from China
- No Google access at 700 Coliseum Way.
- On any given night a Warrior will "mess around and get a triple double."
- When other teams come to Oakland they'll have to BOW DOWN.
YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT!
(pic via www.nba.com)
- We might have to listen to "hits" from albums like Laugh Now, Cry Later, Raw Footage, I Am the West during Warriors games at the arena.
- We've all been let down before- see BREAKING NEWS: Ice Cube Purchases the Warriors
Who's your pick?
More from the GSoM Vault:
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison trying to buy NBA franchise Golden State Warriors
- Polling GSoM: Do you want Chris Cohan to sell the Golden State Warriors to Larry Ellison?
- RUMOR: Chris Cohan IS INDEED interested in selling Warriors and was in negotiations with Larry Ellison
- Q&A: Marcus Thompson - Contra Costa Times / InsideBayArea.com (Part 2 of 3)- Don Nelson's media downfall, Chris Mullin as a front office hire, Chris Cohan's closeness to selling the Golden State Warriors
- SPECIAL REPORT: The man who owns the Warriors. Cohan's rocky reign. An era marked by lost games, lost fans and endless litigation [SFGate]
- RUMOR: Warriors owner Chris Cohan "highly likely" to sell
- Polling GSoM: Are you really that surprised that PR director Raymond Ridder and the Golden State Warriors got caught "astroturfing"? (5/23/09)
At the Press Conference: Write "Sell the Warriors" (8/29/06)
Missing Signatures (4/19/06)
Rise to the Occasion (3/17/06)
2005-2006 REPORT CARD: Chris Cohan and Robert Rowell (8/23/09)
BREAKING NEWS: Ice Cube Purchases the Warriors (4/1/06)
We Want Larry! (7/25/09)
San Jose SuperSonics in 2k8 (7/18/06)
NBA Draft 2006: Chris Cohan is happy the draft isn't in the Bay (6/28/07)
The Dirty Dozen - Part 1 of 3 (9/11/06)
IRS Stressing Warrior Owner Chris Cohan (5/19/09)
NBA Payroll Playpen and Cohanomics (11/30/07)
- RUMOR: Chris Cohan and Robert Rowell said no to Kevin Garnett because of additional salary and the luxury tax (5/16/09)
Who do you want to be the next owner of the Golden State Warriors?
Oracle bilionaire Larry Ellison (965 votes)
24-Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov (19 votes)
Unnamed group from China (39 votes)
Ice Cube (268 votes)
Chris Cohan (Thanks for voting Cohan and Robert Rowell!) (28 votes)
Other (specify in comments) (12 votes)
1331 total votes