Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Golden State Warriors 122, Atlanta Hawks 127- 100% Scrappy, 0% Crappy
Game thread: GameThread #61: Golden State Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks- Welcome to Atlanta where the D-Leaguers play (590+ comments)
Associated Press recap: Smith leads Hawks in 127-122 win over Warriors
Sports Network recap: Josh Smith leads Hawks over Warriors
Rusty Simmons recap: Curry keeps undermanned Warriors in it
Marcus Thompson II recap: Despite loss, Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry warms up for Charlotte homecoming in style
- After getting a permanent contract with the Warriors, Anthony Tolliver works to prove he belongs in the NBA.
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors giving Anthony Tolliver every opportunity to succeed in NBA
Chronicle Live: Greg Papa interviews Reggie Williams.
- No postgame news found.
Don Nelson in the hallway.
Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On tonight's game:
"We played a pretty good game, it was like our game against Miami. We had a chance and we needed to make a couple of shots coming down the stretch. We didn’t do that and the Hawks made their free throws. I thought (Corey) Maggette was very good after not playing for a week. He guarded Joe Johnson very well and was quite a factor offensively. Having Corey back helped us defensively against their smaller post-up players, especially Joe Johnson. We certainly couldn’t handle him without Maggette in the game. They had to go to another player. We made them play us honest. No complaints, we played at a high level and we lost."
On Stephen Curry:
"I think Stephen (Curry) had a pretty good game tonight. He was close to a career high in points and he kept us in the game. We competed but the rebound game was a weakness tonight. We had matchup problems tonight and I think that was the biggest factor."
On tonight's game:
"My shot was falling in the second quarter and we went on a little run. We stayed in the game as long as we could, we just couldn’t get a enough stops down the stretch. We put in a lot of effort tonight and you can’t be mad at that. The Hawks are a good team so we feel good having played well against them."
On tonight's game:
"It was good to come back to Atlanta and play in front of Georgia Tech fans that showed up tonight. It feels really good to get support here. Stephen (Curry) really carried us through the game. He was really big the first half, going by guys and making big shots. The Hawks did create a lot of match up problems so that made it tough down the stretch. They’re a tough team because they have so many guys that can isolate. I think we’ve done a good job of taking them out of there game and taking the ball out of the hands of Jamal (Crawford) and Joe Johnson. However, they are a really good team and they are going to make a lot of noise in the playoffs."
Warriors Weekly Radio mp3s
- Raja Bell on his wrist injury update, the Warriors roster and style of play, playing defense, his D League callup.
7:54 min: Warriors Guard Raja Bell
- Ronny Turiaf's speech on his heart surgery, his defibrillators. Tim Roye's story on his heart problem.
8:22 min: Ronny Turiaf Heart To Heart Foundation Feature
- A Wilt Chamberlain interview segment on his scoring. Reggie Williams on his callup, on playing in Virginia Military Institute, playing in France.
11:02 min: Tim Roye's Journal With Reggie Williams
- Rick Bonnell on the Stephen Curry story around Charlotte, Curry's skills and calm demeanor, Morrow in college, the Bobcats and Stephen Jackson.
8:02 min: Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer
- Nate Thurmond on the state of the Warriors, his quadruple double, his 18 rebs in a qtr, Andris Biedrins, Bowling Green State University, Wilt Chamberlain, Shaq, open court style of play.
19:00 min: Nate Thurmond with Ralph and Tom
- After listening to Raja Bell on the Warriors Radio show, I looked his history up, and he'd fit right into this team: He's undrafted too.
- Another back to back tomorrow in Charlotte at 4:00pm. This will be Stephen Curry's home debut, so expect a lot of crowd support for him.