Rajon Rondo (the Celtics best player BY FAR) absolutely blows Sideshow Bob's mind.
- Cleveland Cavaliers 87, Boston Celtics 97 -- Series tied 2-2
- Phoenix Suns 107, San Antonio Spurs 101 -- Suns SWEEP 4-0!
- Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks -- 5pm PST on TNT
- LA Lakers @ Utah Jazz -- 7:30pm PST on TNT
Jump for a recap of day 23 in the 2010 NBA Playoffs and a preview of the day 24 festivities!
Day 23 Rewind
Cleveland Cavaliers 87, Boston Celtics 97 -- Series tied 2-2
We've got a series folks. We've also got a superstar in Rajon Rondo. Is there a more under appreciated player in the entire association? 29 points, 18 rebounds, 13 assists, and 2 steals. This is the 6th time this playoffs Rondo has dropped double digit dimes (10, 12, 12, 12, 19, 13). Big 3 who?
This is great news.
More Cavs-Celts drama than even the wonderful TNT telecasts can provide:
- MVP! MVP! MVP!- They're not talking about LeBron.
- Rondo Shines as Celtics Even Series- No spit-shine required.
- PP's struggles... in 07-08 cavs series
- Rondo Stands Alone- Right now he's bigger than the "Big 3".
- The Other Guys Helped Too
Phoenix Suns 107, San Antonio Spurs 101 -- Suns SWEEP 4-0!
Over the course of the past decade the NBA had its fair share of critics. Everyone knew the post-Jordan era wasn't going to be easy for the league or its ratings. Some of the cited problems were that fans supposedly couldn't "relate" to the players (i.e. the league was "too black"), the games were supposedly too physical and violent (when have you ever heard this claim lobbied against the NFL and NHL?), etc, etc. It was nonsense, but unfortunately Mr. David Stern bought into the hysteria and implemented such ridiculous measures like the NBA Dress Code to help fans "relate" better to the players.
None of this was worth worrying about.
The real problem for the league in the first decade of the 2000's was the San Antonio Spurs. They were a ratings nightmare. No one enjoyed watching them play. They were/ are BORING and watching them constantly whine on the court while the announcers were fawning over their "fundamentals" was nauseating. Their 7 game series against the Detroit Pistons was a great finals in terms of basketball, but NO ONE cared. The ratings were abysmal. Spurs fans themselves can't bring themselves to roll out of bed and watch the their team in the playoffs. The Spurs couldn't even sell out home games in the 2007 Conference Finals against the (also boring) Utah Jazz. If this was Stern in the golden age he would have immediately contracted the Spurs.
Good riddance San Antonio.
Thank you Phoenix for stopping the league's nightmare for going any further.
By the way where are all those Warrior fans who were thrilled to see the Chris Mullin, Robert Rowell, and Chris Cohan trade fan favorite and heart & soul Jason Richardson to save dollars so that the team could supposedly build around a mythically bright future in Monta Ellis (apple turnover!) and Andris Biedrins (underhand free throws please!)? Where are all those Warrior fans who were so averse to trading for Amare Stoudemire because they didn't want to give up Biedrins or Brandan Wright?
Like the rest of us they'll be watching J-Rich and Amare in the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS.
Dumb and cheap trade Cohan and crew. Just dumb. Just cheap.
Biedrins and Wright will be sitting at home watching this guy in the WCF.
- One Eyed Nash Leads Suns to Series Sweep Over Spurs, 107-101 [Bright Side of the Sun]
- For the Phoenix Suns, It's the End of the World as We Know It. (And I feel fine). [Bright Side of the Sun]
- Steve Nash Takes A Licking, Keeps On Ticking [SB Nation]
- Game 4 - Post Game Thread [Pounding the Rock]
- Season Over: Call me Ishmael [Pounding the Rock]- I'm admittedly hard on the Spurs (and probably over the top), but let me take a second and give them some major props for their 1st domination of a very good Dallas Mavericks team.
- Story Stream on SBNation.com
Previewing Day 24... it's really this simple.
Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks -- Magic lead 3-0
5pm PST | TNT
Did the Hawks not think it was worth their time to show up for the 2010 NBA Playoffs? Got some great summer plans fellas? I hope you do.
Much more eloquent coverage
LA Lakers @ Utah Jazz -- Lakers lead 3-0
7:30pm PST | TNT
Do you wish the Warriors had Jason Richardson and Amare Stoudemire?
YES: Playoffs are fun (456 votes)
NO: I like counting lotto balls (105 votes)
561 total votes