Time for revenge.
Jump for a rewind of the day 16 action and a preview of tonight's playoff festivities!
Day 16 Rewind
Check out IQ's preview: Milwaukee Bucks @ Atlanta Hawks, Utah Jazz @ LA Lakers :: 2010 NBA Playoffs Day 16
Atlanta Hawks 95, Milwaukee Bucks 74 -- Hawks win series 4-3 and advance to 2nd round
I'll miss the Fear the Deer campaign and Brandon Jennings, but let's be honest. The Hawks were the superior squad. On Sunday night they made the Bucks look like this:
Man that movie was overrated. [via riverdolphinlove.files.wordpress.com]
- Hawks 95, Bucks 74: Improbable season ends with a whimper [Brew Hoop]
- Atlanta Hawks take down the Bucks, move on to play a much crappier nicknamed team [Peachtree Hoops]- Orlando Tragic anyone?
- Milwaukee Bucks/Atlanta Hawks Game Review: Survive and Advance [Peachtree Hoops]
- On to the next series... [Peachtree Hoops]- I'm calling it Magic 4-2.
I'm glad the Lakers are facing the Jazz in the 2nd round. This will put NBA fans out of their misery. No one likes watching the Jazz. No one likes seeing those loser Utah Jazz fans have a good team (see The NBA has a Fan Problem).
Truth be told the Jazz could probably beat the Phoenix Suns and the way they've been playing lately, probably even beat the San Antonio Spurs (and man that would've been a PAINFULLY boring series to watch).
Ron-Ron please feel free to go into the stands... you know, just to say hello. [via www.lakers-fan.com]
By the way why does no one ever bring up how much the Lakers absolutely OWN the Jazz? Why does no one ever bring up how much Phil Jackson OWNS Jerry Sloan? Despite being one of the straight up meanest coaches in the history of the league (not to say I don't respect him and think he's a hell of a coach) why does the media seem infatuated with Coach Sloan? He can do no wrong in their eyes. He gets the complete opposite treatment that Don Nelson gets from the media.
- The Game One Victory That Almost Wasn't, But Then Was [Silver Screen and Roll]
- Lakers Survive Lazy Sunday, Beat The Jazz 104-99 [SLC Dunk]
- The Downbeat - 3 May 2010 - #220 - The Waaaaaaaalt Edition [SLC Dunk]
Tonight we've got some more Round 2 madness...
Boston Celtics @ Cleveland Cavaliers -- Cavs lead 1-0
For the future and hope of the free world, please Boston Three Party + Rajon Rondo knock out the Cavs so LeBron can go to NEW YORK.
Still it'd be nice to see good ol' Twan get a ring.
- Celtics by 1
- Antawn Jamison has a fantastic night that goes under the radar
- Rajon Rondo drops 10+ dimes
- Brian Scalabrine gets some playing time
- LeBron James.... do I really have to tell you?
Man this guy is going to have a blast in New York!
San Antonio Spurs @ Phoenix Suns -- REVENGE please!
Yes, yes I know it's the Snores, but this is going to one fun series. There's some history between these two teams and plenty of drama. This is going to be one fun series- provided the Suns win Game 1. If they loose it, the sun will be setting real fast. This game is critical for the Suns and shoot, for the fun-ness of the 2010 NBA Playoffs. No one outside of San Antonio wants to see the Spurs win this series.
These guys approve. [via www.nba.com]
By the way it's cool to see Grant Hill doing some big things in year 37 of his "what could have been" career. Believe it or not this is the first time he's made it to the Elite 8. Check out these good words on GHill:
- Hill finding peace of mind [ESPN]
- Grant Hill: Remembering who he was and appreciating who he is [SB Nation]
- VIDEO: Grant Hill Tells Jerryd Bayless To Respect His Elders. [SB Nation]
Also, great trade.