Listening to Larry Riley speak mostly on KNBR, he's mentioned several times that he and his colleagues have ranked every player on every team in the league from 1 to the bottom. Within this list, they target ranked players who would be suitable to play on our team. Many of you have been throwing names out there like Rudy Fernandez and Shannon Brown, and all with good reason. Logically excluding players like LeBron James, I'm very curious to see your TOP 10 lists of guys who would fit well on the roster.
Keep in mind that there is little to be known about the intentions teams have behind the scenes concerning their rosters. It will be difficult to distinguish who is available on your list and who is not unless they are being publicly shopped as commodities. Ideally, your list would deal within these commodities exclusively, but in turn we would lose the diversity in opinion that would make this interesting in the first place.
1. Shane Battier - The greatest defender of our era. Represents exactly what this team needs.
2. Andrei Kirilenko - Mobile wing who passes well, can guard 3 positions, hits the elbow J, and helps weak side.
3. Luis Scola - A legitimate threat inside, rebounds well, tough, plays smart basketball, no ego, team player.
4. Brandon Bass - Still young, incredibly strong, great on the pick and pop with Steph, may still improve considerably.
5. Rudy Fernandez - Instant offense, high energy, handles well for his size, strong desire to be part of a team.
6.Anderson Varejao - Fills the void left by Turiaf and Udoh, can come in and spell AB or Lee's effort on the glass.
7. Glen Davis - Plays the pick n pop, soft hands, big body we can use, would collect many off rebounds in our offense.
8. Jared Jeffries - Very versatile defender, brings size to the team, underrated.
9. Shannon Brown - A young, polished backcourt player with potential, very dangerous in the open court, strong.
10. Anthony Johnson - Very tough, competitive, not the most skilled, but a tremendous practice player to push Curry and teach Lin the ropes and physicality of the league.