Wuddup, GSoM, my name is Chris, and I'm currently a free agent in the NBA world. I'm from North-Central Kansas but am currently living in Taipei, Taiwan, serving as a missionary for my second of two years. I'm a huge NFL fan (specifically, of the Kansas City Chiefs), but I'm not a huge NBA fan, mostly because I don't have a rooting interest. I've been halfheartedly looking for a basketball franchise to support, but I'm coming up short all over the place. However, I'm somewhat circling in on a few real possibilities. After this final year in Taiwan, there's a pretty decent chance I'll be living in North-Central California, and it seems to me like there's one of two teams to support: The Warriors or The Kings.
Which leads me to ya'll: after seeing the show put on for LeBron the free agent, I'm thinking I should put myself on the market as well. I'm offering myself as a Fan Free Agent to both franchises, and I'd like you to convince me why I should be a member of your nation. As far as things I'm looking for go, I'm really looking at a few different characteristics:
- Future: I know both teams aren't stellar now, but which way are they trending?
- Going to games: I love attending pro games, but I'm a teacher, so I won't have a lot of cash. Will I be able to pull off a couple a year? And is the game day experience worth it? What sets it apart from the pack?
- Players: What star's jersey am I going to buy? And will he still be playing on the team in 3 years? (Extra points: Do the jerseys change so often that immediately after purchasing, I'll be forced to rebuy 20 minutes later?)
- Team/Ownership: How do the organizations treat the players and the fans?
- Other things I should know: "There's a good chance this team worships the devil, so if you have problems with that, perhaps you should seek another option," etc.
Would love some help on the project. Thanks, ya'll!