[Photoshopped by Tony.psd]
Warriors (15-22) vs Lakers (28-11)
Blog Buddy: Silver Screen and Roll
Bay Area: SB Nation Bay Area
SoCal: SB Nation LA
It is said that the NBA Gods created 30 teams. They stated that the top 16 teams that defeated the realm's greatest "Warriors" would enter a tournament to determine the greatest of them all (aka The Playoffs). One such team, the Los Angeles Lakers have won the past 2 championships and are one step closer to a "3-peat." The stage is set for our Golden State Warriors to square off against those Lakers not only for redemption after Sunday's terrible loss (against the Clippers), but for victory… a flawless victory!
Jump off for a quick breakdown of tonight's game. Warriors baby!
Warrior fans, we too are in for the fight of our lives today. Not only are the Los Angeles Lakers coming to town but our beloved Oracle Arena will be filled with thousands of local Laker fans. If you're a Warrior fan attending your first home game and hear cheers and chants of "MVP!" for Kobe as he shoots his free throws, that's how it is when the Lakers are in town. They show up in huge numbers.
As Warrior fans, we will be outnumbered, bullied and trash talked. Remember your training! If our team pulls it off, we will have the last laugh. If we lose, hold your head up high! Laker fans only visit twice a year!
- The Lakers have been "hit or miss" for me this season. There are games where they play like the defending NBA Champions that they are. Then there are games like the recent Grizzlies game at the Staples Center where the Lakers look like a sloppy Warriors team.
- I hope the "sloppy Warriors" version of the Lakers shows up tonight. It's a big chance for us to get that win and a big confidence boost for our guys and fans. For that to happen, we need a really good shooting night, a gang of steals and our bigs really need to step their game up defensively for all 4 quarters! The Lakers forwards are no joke.
- I hate to say this but Biedrins just isn't the same anymore. His numbers are down and his performance can be unbearable at times. We've got the talent off the bench. Whether it's Ekpe Udoh, Louis Amundson or Brandan Wright, these guys gotta step up their game, have an all-star type night, and add more pressure against the Lake show.
- Dorell Wright. Do your thing kid! The guy's averaging 16.5 points a game and had 27 points on Sunday against The Clippers. In the past 9 games D. Wright's dropped 35 out of 69 (50.7 percent) 3-pointers!
- Kobe is here to win. Expect to hear a ton of cheers from his fans followed by boos from us.
- Bynum, Gasol, Artest and Odom… that's a handful right there compared to our undersized forwards. KG said it best, "Anything is possible!"
- Defense and a great shooting night for the Warriors! Is that too much to ask for?
- Dorell Wright is going to have another 30+ point game.
- A beast will finally emerge amongst us in Golden State: Brandon Wright! I'm still waiting for that breakout game!
- Sixth man sensation Vladimir Radmanovic puts up some impressive numbers off the bench.
- I bump into Khloe Kardashian while getting nachos (hey, I bumped into Mr. Fab in the restroom!).
- Warriors win by 5 after blowing a 30 point lead.