Did you honestly think the Warriors could stop this guy?
Aside from the rebounding disparity (Warriors- 27, Lakers- 47), you have to be happy about the Warriors effort tonight. Against the defending champs though that relative happiness just ain't gonna cut it.
JUMP for the 38th recap of the season!
Don't hate. Appreciate. Kobe Bryant is one heckuvaplaya. If I had to tell you that then you quite simply don't know hoops.
"The gift of a supa-stah."
Kobe's 17 points in the 4th quarter were pure domination. Kobe's drive past Monta Ellis to draw Andris Biedrins' 6th foul with and 1 was dominant. It was also typical of how silly Monta was to think he could check Kobe with his wannabe physical posing and of Biedrins' atrociously dumb defense (CLUE: make a play on the ball instead of jumping straight up), but that's another discussion for another time.
Tonight was Kobe's night.
- Laker Monsters. Pau Gasol (24 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists), Lamar Odom (20 points, 9 rebounds) Andrew Bynum (11 points, 14 rebounds), and Ron Artest (10 points, 7 assists)- it just isn't fair. The Warriors really didn't have a chance tonight.
- When the Laker Monsters come to town the Warriors simply cannot get that kind of pathetic performance from former franchise building block Andris Biedrins. What was up with that Mike Dunleavy-like line tonight? Biedrins had more fouls and turnovers than points, rebounds, assists, and blocks combined. Pitiful.
- I can dig the 48 minutes and 38 points off 26 shots from Ellis, but the 0 rebounds and 3 assists to 3 turnovers really make me wonder if Coach Keith Smart is using Monta right. What do you think? Can you live with those rebounding and passing numbers given that scoring firepower?
- It was nice to see Stephen Curry get 10 assists and only 3 turnovers. I know he's battled an ankle injury this season, but I just get the feeling Coach Smart doesn't know how to use Curry. He's a much better player than he showed tonight and it's becoming a common theme this season.
- 14 points, 7 boards, 6 dimes (only 1 turnover), and 2 steals make for a nice statline, but it would have been nice to see David Lee double that rebound rate. It can't be fun going up against those Laker Monsters especially with Biedrins pulling a Mike Dunleavy though.
- Free throws: Warriors 11, Lakers 29. It ain't the refs. The Warriors don't know how to get to the line and it's KILLING them.
- Fouls: Warriors 24, Lakers 11. The Warriors need to learn to play D without fouling. It's KILLING them.
- Derek Fisher is still the most overrated player this league has ever seen.
What drives you the most nuts about this edition of the Golden State Warriors?
TMF- Too Much Fouling (127 votes)
CGFT- Can't Get Free Throws (206 votes)
AT- Apple Turnover! (37 votes)
Other (specify in comments) (44 votes)
414 total votes