TV: CSN | Radio: KNBR
Blog Buddy: Fear The Sword
What goes around comes around -- in more ways than one, but let's focus on how the much-maligned Cavs stumble into town with the injury bug. As Cleveland Plain Dealer beatwriter Mary Schmitt Boyer tweeted:
@PDcavsinsider: Varejao's in walking boot. He's out indefinitely. Gibson (ankle), Powe (knee) not here. Parker (back), Graham (quad) out.
Officially, list of Cavs injuries goes like this: Joey Graham (right quad strain), Daniel Gibson (left ankle sprain) and Leon Powe (right knee contusion) are out. Anthony Parker (low back strain) and Anderson Varejao (left ankle sprain) are questionable.
Not too long ago, the Warriors were pretty decimated too. Now, it's the Cavs turn. And with Andris Biedrins still hurt, Varejao out, Powe hurt, does this mean a break-out game for Ekpe Udoh? I really hope Keith Smart can leverage the opportunity.
You like Jamison or Powe?
Random (perhaps insignificant) thought: I've been critical of the Warriors' youthful oncourt mental errors and general lack of girth from the roster's top to bottom.
I'm wondering, very superficially and without looking at any salary numbers, would Antawn Jamison (veteran-wise) and/or Le-Po (girth-wise) be a good addition to the Warriors' roster in some sort of deal?
- Big game for Udoh (aforementioned).
- Big game for Jamison, since he's coming back to Oracle where he hit for 50 two games in a row and with Boobie out, will be relied upon for more scoring.
- Big game for Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis. Who's gonna guard them?
- Dorell Wright cools down a bit. I don't know, just a hunch. The Cavs' small forward Alonzo Gee is not that bad.
- Warriors win by 20. Too much talent versus the completely depleted Cavs, which is the least-talented team in the NBA even at full strength.
Do you think the Warriors ought to look at Jamison and/or Powe as possible acquisitions?
Generally speaking, yes! (I like both of them) (145 votes)
Generally speaking, no! (I don't like either of them) (195 votes)
I like Jamison, don't like Powe. (150 votes)
I like Powe, don't like Jamison. (145 votes)
635 total votes