Following up on JustSomeName's recent Fanshot.......I doubt we'll have a legit shot at making the playoffs this year, although not out of the question. Taking it easy now and waiting to get in the sweepstakes for CP3/DERON/HOWARD is very risky in itself. Ask yourself honestly, what is the chance of one of them WANTING to come play in Oakland? That's what it's going to take and I just don't see that happening.
With our 3 biggest and longest term contracts in Lee, Ellis and Biedrins....the reality is most fans want 2 of the 3 if not all 3 players gone....NOW. I think we need to be active in upgrading our team by any means possible. If that means dealing Ellis or amnesying Lee or Biedrins to bring in an upgrade at any of those positions, I think we need to do it because the reality is, CP3, Howard and Deron most likely would never willingly come and play in Oakland.
Back to the title of this post....I was looking at the West and how teams stacked up. Here's my breakdown.
1. Lakers - They're gonna be healthy and nasty
2. OKC - Young and only getting better.
3. Dallas - A lot depends on their FA's in Chandler and Butler, but they should still be up there.
4. SA - I think they take a significant step back this year. All their players are on the decline. By significant step back, I mean 4th seed
5. This is where it gets tricky because the rest of the teams are so close and so much depends on FA starting 12/9 but I would go....Memphis
Now, I can easily see spots 6-12 really playing musical chairs and it being a close race for the final spots. Denver might fall off the map losing Nene, and potentially JR Smith and others to FA/China. I think Utah is in big trouble. Houston doesn't scare me. Phoenix is solid but old. Clippers are an anomoly. I thought they'd be good last year, but disappointed in a huge way. I think with a solid FA addition they'll be tough, especially if they resign Jordan. Portland battles injuries every year so I could see them slip. But right now I would put GSW in the 10-11 spot.
I'm curious to see where others view our current roster and what they will do this year?