I was disappointed but understood when the W's did not get Chandler or CP3. I know everyone is very now focused on Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Samuel Dalembert or Nene but perhaps it would be smarter to consider some other options that might actually make us a better team, even though some may consider these guys lesser individual players. Keep in mind they may not be starters but bench players will be critical based on the number of back to back games (or even three games in three days):
(1) Delonte West - I've always thought this guy had talent. Rather than re-sign Reggie Williams, this guy is much better on both ends of the floor. I know he can be a head case, but if Mark Jackson can make him coachable, he is a steal.
(2) Andrei Kirelinko - When his head is in the game, he really knows how to play on both ends. Great on and off the ball defender. Could hide holes on our defensive end.
(3) Joel Przybilla - Could be a good back up big guy that can make a difference on the defensive end. Definitely worth a look.
(4) Jared Jeffries - Another defensive specialist both on and off the ball. Seems very coachable and could be a defensive force off the bench. Could hide defensive deficiencies of other players.
(5) Kris Humphries - If you can look past the Kardashian crap his stat line is impressive
If we don't have too much, this guy would be worth a look.
(6) Spencer Hawes - No a starter but a guy off the bench that could be a game changer with his ability to stretch the floor as a big man.
(7) Carl Landry - I think this guy just knows how to play. He could be great off the bench for his defense and ability to hit the outside shot.
I still have hopes for this season. Lets go W's