Here's a list of the potential center prospects for the upcoming draft(s). Just decided to post this because these guys are probably our most realistic bet at getting better at center unless we are somehow able to lure a free agent center in. If Kanter is off the board by the time we pick, then I would go with the best available player and take a shot at Keith Benson in the 2nd round. He's got a lot of tools, athleticism, and has a good frame. If he could put some more weight on and develop his post game some more, he could be a real steal in the 2nd round.
1. Enes Kanter 6-11 261 PF/C Kentucky Fr. Top 5 pick on talent. Eligibility and knee problems could derail his stock.
2. Lucas Nogueira 7-0 200 PF/C Estudiantes 1992 Bigtime athlete & shot blocker. Length and agility very intriguing. Raw.
3. Fab Melo 7-0 255 C Syracuse Fr. Dropped substantial weight and shows a lot of potential but needs time.
4. Jonas Valanciunas 6-11 240 C Lietuvos Rytas 1992 U18 MVP w/ 31. Needs bulk. Skill level is high for age and plays w/ passion.
5. Mason Plumlee 6-10 240 PF/C Duke So. Lacks post skills, but tremendous size and athleticism.
6. Greg Smith 6-10 249 PF/C Fresno St. So. Focused young post with tremendous strength.
7. Renardo Sidney 6-10 275 PF/C Mississippi St. So. Has lotto talent but hasn't played to his ability in 3 years. Does he want it?
8. Meyers Leonard 7-0 245 C Illinois Fr. A couple years away but very agile bigman that shows nice potential.
9. Keith Benson 6-11 225 C Oakland Sr. Hopefully he put the summer to good use in weight room. Has touch.
10. Dejan Musli 7-0 247 C Caja Laboral 1991 Lacks star potential but very long and skilled. Homeless man's Vlade.
Denzel Bowles 6-10 255 PF/C James Madison Jr., Yancy Gates 6-9 255 PF/C Cincinnati Jr., Jon Kreft 7-0 240 C Florida St. Jr., Gary McGhee 6-11 238 C Pittsburgh Sr., Robert Sacre 6-11 255 C Gonzaga Jr., Giorgi Shermadini 7-0 245 PF/C Panathinaikos (currently on loan with Union Olimpija) 1989, Joshua Smith 6-10 305 C UCLA Fr., Mike Tisdale 7-1 255 C Illinois Jr., Tony Woods 6-10 240 C N/A Jr., Tyler Zeller 6-11 240 PF/C North Carolina Jr.
Here's a link to Keith Benson highlights. The guy looks like he could be a better shooting, less powerful and skinnier version of DeAndre Jordan. He's definitely got some skills to build on.