We should all just think about it for a second and realize that Coach Smart does not suck.
The Warriors current head coach, Keith Smart, is not bad! He is doing all he can for the Warriors. Almost the whole year I've seen him give everything he's got for the team. Smart is the best tanking coach alive.
I don't see how Warrior fans could be so angry. I have consistently seen a tanking genius work his magic each game the Warriors play. How else could you explain these coaching decisions?
- Playing Acie Law and Vladimir Radmonavic constantly despite poor efforts for the most part
- Not utilizing the pick and roll
- Giving a variety of players very inconsistent minutes (Brandan Wright, Reggie Williams, and even Jeremy Lin)
- When players are having a good game, he yanks them out and does not let them back in (Udoh and Thornton in game vs Philly)
- Deciding not to play Stephen Curry in 4th quarters, when it is shown he is the best fourth quarter player on the roster
- Designing ridiculous end-of-game plays, and not changing them. This includes the famous Monta-iso. Unfortunately, Monta was able to hit a few clutch shots, proving Smart's tanking techniques to be not good enough.
The list goes on and on but as fans we should understand. Smart is probably not going to be back next year as head coach, so he is doing everything in his power to lose and get us in proper draft position. But the genius part is, he's making it seem like he actually might be trying. He gets games pretty close, and pretends to favorite bad players. In reality he has convinced the team and many Warrior fans that he is a terrible coach with horrific rotations, while only he and those that observe know he is the tanking master.