Some thoughts after the jump!
Well the Warriors had a very predictable loss tonight. I can't say the loss is all that unexpected or even disappointing when you take a step back. The Warriors simply cannot beat Tim Duncan's Snores in San Antonio. It's one of those facts of hoop life.
Here's what does disappoint me though:
- Stephen Curry's ankle. You just have to feel for the man.
- 4th quarter collapse. This was a close game where the Warriors led most of the way, but down the stretch they were unclutch. 4th quarter: Warriors 20, Spurs 31. A Warriors loss was expected, but a 4th quarter collapse was not.
- Dorell Wright's shooting. So far this season there isn't much right about DWright's FG%. Something is definitely wrong here. Dorell is a good NBA player and his 30% shooting through 6 games is just bizarre. 0 for 2 tonight? Just bizarre. This is a guy who broke the Warriors franchise record for most made 3-pointers last season.
- David Lee's low FG% is also odd. Lee is a career 54.5% FG scorer, but this season he's shooting about 10% worse.
- All of the offseason hype about Mark Jackson's winning defensive focus is hollow if the team is going to drop to being a bad team on offense. Think any of Wright and Lee's FG% woes fall on him?
- Props to Monta Ellis for the big scoring and hustle tonight. A disappointing prediction- sick of the losing Monta publicly demands a trade before the Warriors get a good trade offer for him. Check right around the 2012 NBA trade deadline on that one.
- Through the first 6 games of the season Mark Jackson has done very little to prove that he's NBA head coaching material.
Given the start of the Mark Jackson-era with the Warriors I think we'll all be relieved come the 2012 NBA Lottery. Tonight's award goes to lucky number...
(pic via www.massmailsoftware.com)
I think you all know why...
When will the Warriors end their losing streak in San Antonio?
2012 (109 votes)
2013 (40 votes)
2014 (14 votes)
2015 (36 votes)
Someday... (331 votes)
530 total votes