It's the preseason and we're all getting a little antsy for the regular season to start up again. I've been doing some thinking and this is a compilation on some of my thoughts on the Warriors. Some are better developed than others.
- Curry is our no. 1 option. Lee is gonna get his shots. Bogut is required to get touches to open up the outside. But now Thompson is saying he wont have to change his playing style from the end of last year, and Coach Jackson is backing him up. Unless we get to use two basketballs this season, someone will have establish a clear pecking order on offense.
- Great idea on how to utilize Beans: when the ball gets stuck between the rim and the backboard, he can trot out there and unstick it. Not a good way to use 18 million dollars, so he'll have to double up duties by being the bottom of the pyramid in cheers.
- If we start Barnes, it'll create a precedent where he gets handed things before he earns them. If we start Rush, he may outplay his contract and opt out. Hey, there's a third option and he happens to be making almost as much as the other two combined. Dick Jefferson may not be the best option, but he has less drawbacks than the other two. I'm not saying he'll start the whole season, but keep Barnes hungry and keep Rush on the roster.
- I'm sure, despite whatever Curry insists, he's not exactly ecstatic about losing 24+ minutes to prove he's healthy.
- Barnes' post game. Wonder how that'll look against big NBA 3's.
- Beans is 4th on the depth chart. If we hold Jackson to his word that Goose is an elite post defender, does that make our depth at 5 the best in the league?
- Hopefully David Lee can get back to his All-Defensive Team form.
- No, but seriously, any effort from Lee and (probably) Rush starting, and we have a net average defensive team. Progress!
- It seems like teams now draft to either pair good backcourt players (Wall, Beal; Irving, Waiters), or a solid frontline (Cousins, Robinson; Monroe, Drummond). Whatever happened to a good wing duo? Notwithstanding developing skill, Barnes looks like he can beef up, and fill out to a good 250ish plateau. Combine him with 6'7" Klay Thompson and we can have a good, big set of wings for the future. Now all they have to do is be good at playing basketball.
- Not related to Warriors directly, but there are rumors of our neighbors using their 1st round selection, 5th overall, to play spot minutes at the 3. I cant help but wonder, with them resigning Thompson, why didn't they just draft Barnes?
- Overall, we're in a better place then we were a year ago. Hopefully 12 months from now I'll be saying this, and it'll actually mean something.
This FanPost is a submission from a member of the mighty Golden State of Mind community. While we're all here to throw up that W, these words do not necessarily reflect the views of the GSoM Crew. Still, chances are the preceding post is Unstoppable Baby!