Warriors (1st Place in Pacific) vs Teddy Bears (0-1)
Tip-off: 7:30 pm PDT
Where: Roaracle Arena
TV: CSN Bay Area / Radio: KNBR 680
Blog Buddy: Straight Outta Vancouver
TiqIQ tickets: Click here
In the Warriors biggest game since 2008 (not counting the OPERATION: Tank Commander) we learned that:
- 19 minutes from Andrew Bogut feels great. Did you catch that dribble-drive and smooth finish from the 7 footer? Plus that D? OH MY. Qantas has landed in Oakland.
- Monta Ellis who?
- Carl Landry is instant offense off the bench and is going to win some games for the Warriors this season.
- Larry Hughes and Mike Dunleavy Jr. decided to dress up as Stephen Curry and David Lee for Halloween. There's no other way to explain 4 for 30 shooting from those two ballers.
- The joke that is Andris Biedrins' NBA basketball career and Warriors fans' nightmare in the middle is now over. Here's hoping Biedrins feels good about himself as he racks up 81 more DNP - Coach's Decisions.
- Festus Ezeli might have been the last pick in the 1st round of the 2012 NBA Draft, but he'll have the last word. His D and size is quite festive.
- Coach Mark Jackson is still unqualified to be a head coach in this league. His rotations in the second half against the Suns were quite curious to put it nicely. He went small when the team's roster's strength is not optimized for small ball and did not play Ezeli nearly enough.
- Contrary to what my 30 years of hoops knowledge has taught me, it is actually possible for the Warriors and Clippers to co-own 1st place in the Pacific Division.
- A MUCH better shooting performance from Curry and Lee.
- Steph shooting better than 0-2 from the free throw line.
- The Bogut vs Marc Gasol matchup. I don't expect Bogut to play as many minutes as Pau's bro, but this is a real test for the Warriors prized big man.
- 0 minutes of playing time for Biedrins. If not, Coach Jackson deserves to be fired on the spot.
- Over 500 hype GSOMers in the stands for GSOM NIGHT 12!