An idea just for fun. Since we all like to play fantasy GM, lets have at it. Everyone build a roster under the parameters below. After we have 16 or 32 teams. If someone knows of a good simulator, we can simulate a bracket, or if not vote on winners.
Here are the rules-
1. Come up with a team name.
2. We will use 2013-14 salaries based off hoopshype. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm
3. Players who are free agents will be valued at their 2012/13 salary (unless they have a QA or an option, in which case that amount is used).
4. You must keep your roster of 12s total salary BELOW the luxury tax thresh-hold of $70 million
5. You are only allowed 3 players who have been an all-star in the last 7 years (since 2005). Sorry, otherwise everyone is taking Ray Allen at 3 mil, Duncan or Nash at $9-10 mil for ex.
6. Lotto picks on their rookie deal (Kyrie, AD etc.) are counted as all-stars (again, a theoretical team with Lebron and Dwight would not have been in position to draft Kyrie).
7. Pick a coach and a style of play/tactic/scheme.
The rules are meant to make you think, and not stack rosters. Realistically you will have a hard time adding more than 2 max players. It doesn't matter if other teams have same player. It's unlikely anyone has same 'mix' of players and same tactic.