I just finished reading most of Kawakami's post about Udoh and his effectiveness, and it got me thinking. It seems pretty obvious that MJack is trying to keep Biedrins confidence up as a starting center by continuing to start him even though he is struggling. However, Udoh starting could possibly be the only thing that could revive Biedrins' career while helping the Dubs at the same time.
Here's why this is good for Biedrins:
- Rolling with the second unit, which is all about energy, puts him in his comfort zone of hustle and rebounding. We have plenty of bench scorers.
- He gets to play against the scrubbier centers on opponents' teams, which will hopefully raise his confidence level. After all, this is mostly what's wrong with him.
- He won't have any pressures of the starting unit, which include keeping a lead, not blowing a lead, and occasionally turning away from opponents to call for the ball.
- He'll keep his restricted minutes, which means he can recover from his Latvian clubbin' summer. My guess is, he'll be in game shape once his faux tan wears off.
Here's why benching "Dre" is good for the Dubs:
- Biedrins sucks right now.
- Udoh is playing much better with the starting unit.
- Did I really need any bullet points after the first one?