Warriors (23-12) @ Nuggets (22-16)
Tip Off: 5pm PST
TV: CSN Bay Area HD | Radio: KNBR 680
Blog Buddy: Denver Stiffs
First of all, I'd like to thank Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore, and the crappy Green Bay defense for allowing the 49ers to beat up on the much-maligned Packers. That was a wonderful warmup to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.
Don't sleep on my man Fooch and his crew's outstanding work at Niners Nation.
This is the fourth time the Warriors and Nuggets have squared off this season. Here's a recap of the previous battles between these two squads:
LOSS: Game 1 11/10: Golden Warriors 101, Denver Nuggets 107
- Golden State Warriors vs. Denver Nuggets: An exciting double overtime game turns into a disappointing loss
- Game Links #7: Golden State Warriors 101 vs Denver Nuggets 107 - Warriors fail at end of game execution in both OTs
LOSS: Game 2 11/23: Golden State Warriors 91, Denver Nuggets 102
- Warriors final score: Nuggets club Warriors, 102-91
- Game Links #13: Golden State Warriors 91 @ Denver Nuggets 102 - Touch fouls, phantom fouls, bad breath fouls, and a foul 2nd half
WIN: Game 2 11/13: Golden State Warriors 106, Denver Nuggets 105
The Warriors will need to make like the Ravens tonight to even out the series in their favor. They can do this by playing like they did in the first 3 quarters of the game against the Portland Trail Blazers and stopping Warrior-Killer Kenneth Faried.
On Friday night, Oakland native Damian Lillard put on a show and there were plenty of
Blazer Lillard fans cheering him on at the Roaracle. I've been to a lot of Warriors games over the years and I have to give it up to Lillard's crew. I don't think I've ever seen a local kid on an opposing team ever get that much love. It was fun to watch... especially since the Warriors still won. Here's what I'd like to see the Warriors repeat tonight to get this W:
- The Passing: Stephen Curry had an off shooting night, but did an excellent job setting his teammates up to succeed. He was in complete control of the rock. His focus was a big reason he walked away with 12 dimes and only 1 turnover. Jarrett Jack also quarterbacked well with 7 assists to 2 turnovers.
- Lee and Landry Power Scoring: Both David Lee and Carl Landry are shooting over 53% on the season. That's a formula for success. Lee was 11 for 20 and Landry was 7 for 11 on Friday night. They are both finishing near the bucket and hitting their midrange jumpers. More of that tonight please.
- Strong Start: Okay the Warriors 4th quarter dud nearly cost them the game on Friday night where they were outscored 25 to 34, but they did put together a dominant first half. It looked like they were going to blow the Blazers out by at least 15 points. If Lillard wasn't so pumped up, they might've actually done that. Let's hope there's no Nugget that goes off for 7 trifectas tonight.